My Yellow-bellied Black Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hi all,

this is Felicity, my lovely YBBS (I hate acronyms, but I've never before seen that one used, so I'll do it once!). She loves mice, I love her. I probed her today, and to reward her for her cooperation she got what she loves most. She is so greedy! If I don't feed her for more than two or three days she prowls constantly. Being the sucker I am for these things, she usually gets fed after a day or so of heavy prowling, and consequently she is growing faster than I knew these things could; a few cm per week. I might have a go at breeding her this season, it should be fun :)

Felicityloveshermice.jpg

What a stunning snake, beautiful coloring.
Try not to give in to her prowling, you dont want to over feed her, it can do more harm than good.
Thanks for sharing the pic though, she is an amazing looking snake.
Cheers Andy.

Wow Sdaji, that has to b the best of her kind....... How come u never told me abt her????? When did u get her and how old is she???????

Do u have a full body shot of her?????

G/B......

Ybbs

Sdaji, what is a Yellow - bellied Black Snake? Can you give us the sc. name?

that one is a tiger, though the name is usually termed for copperheads by farmers
or some tigers in WA
or green trees in SE Qld
and I am told Pseudechis butlerii

anthropomorphising? not a trait I expected.

Oh wow Sdaji, yet another stunning animal in your collection. A nice full body shot would be awesome ;)
I know you have the RBBs, do you have the Blue as well?

So, is it really good idea to call it "Yellow-bellied Black Snake" - a name used by farmers who wouldn't know snake from a lizard?

Hey, I'm a little curious as to why an unhappy face icon accompanies the title of your thread... Is it because you are Sadji????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back