what is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonryles810

Reaction score
my brother from queensland(just east of toowoomba) sent me a pic of a snake he unfortunately killed. just wondering what it is? please dont abuse me for the death of this beautiful animal, i dont condone the mindless slaughter of any snake...

cheers

Attachments

• DSC01180.JPG
    DSC01180.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC01181.JPG
    DSC01181.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 188
He's just asking what species it is... now that he knows he can go and belittle his brother for killing a harmless snake. Perhaps his brother may think twice before killing a snake next time and hopefully a positive can be drawn from a negative situation.

I hope your brother has a plague of Cain Toads in his bedroom :x:evil::x
so do i!!! i was filthy when he told me....the response was that he saw it, it was brown, and there are lil kids running around the yard all the time....not that im defending him. its just sad that narrow minded people with no knowledge for reptiles encounter these situations all the time and 99% of the time the snake is the loser!

If you know this guy, report him to the police and he will receive criminal charges, and hopefully not illegally kill native wildlife in future.

unbelievable .....................well I hope you give it to your brother good tell him the least he can do is get himself an identification chart and really take alook at what he is trying to brutally sley next time bloody hell does he rea;ise the cane toads are more dangerous to his kids and pets then this harmless poor defensive reptile ever was...............

While I don't condone the killing of any PROTECTED species, the way the media portrays snakes it's not surprising a lot of people kill them on sight. After all the snake is there to kill you...... (or so the papers would have you assume)

If you know this guy, report him to the police and he will receive criminal charges, and hopefully not illegally kill native wildlife in future.

Take it easy, now that Jason can tell him what it is and that its harmless hopefully he can think twice about killing snakes in the future. No one is going to listen to your point of view when your going off your chops.

unbelievable .....................well I hope you give it to your brother good tell him the least he can do is get himself an identification chart and really take alook at what he is trying to brutally sley next time bloody hell does he rea;ise the cane toads are more dangerous to his kids and pets then this harmless poor defensive reptile ever was...............

Where can you get these? My sister in law is plagued with snakes at her place and she'd love to know what types are harmless. I imagine it would offer peace of mind.

Where can you get these? My sister in law is plagued with snakes at her place and she'd love to know what types are harmless. I imagine it would offer peace of mind.

Your local EPA / NPWS office should have a basic poster.

Though it is sad that the snakes had to die I really can't hold it against someone for doing what they felt was protecting kids.. People forget that the vast majority of people in this world don't know a venomous snake from a garden hose and don't want to know any more about them.. Look at it this way if the guy hadn't done something and it was venomous and tagged a kid that would have been far worse.. It's the way of the world these days they don't know and don't want to know..Randy

And it aint gonna change.... ever!!!

Though it is sad that the snakes had to die I really can't hold it against someone for doing what they felt was protecting kids.. People forget that the vast majority of people in this world don't know a venomous snake from a garden hose and don't want to know any more about them.. Look at it this way if the guy hadn't done something and it was venomous and tagged a kid that would have been far worse.. It's the way of the world these days they don't know and don't want to know..Randy

so true ravensgait... the sad reality is the vast majority of people will kill first and ask questions later... people make up their own mind and so the result is a dead snake. my mum is a prime example although she would never kill a snake, rather run a mile the opposite way her opinion is that a good snake is a dead snake, even though she has seen me handle mine and knows not all of them are dangerous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back