Unusual BHP Hatchling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I mentioned before Congrats once again on hatching such a uniquie and special animal. :D :D

NOW.... As Barry just said take your time on any decision relating to this little guy. Don't listen to peple telling you to "cash in" something so unique that's attracting the kind of offers you have been getting is obviously very special. Just think if they are prepared to make all these insane offers now, it's not going to change, people love new morphs period. Not hot today then cold tomorrow as someone said!!

It really depends on your plan for the hobby, if you are not planning for it to be a big thing in your life and just a snake here and there, then maybe worth cashing in. BUT... if you are in the hobby and love it as a lot of us do, and you are planning to be involved in herps for many years to come then I say hold it at all costs. The most you should do is as some have suggested, work out some kind of shared breeding project with someone that is working with spectacular BHP morphs already, but stay as a 50/50 partner on the project, so you get some return and reap some of the results from your stunnig little guy. The last thing you want to do is sell it off for a quick buck, then find in a few years time someone else gets all the glory for creating a new hypo line of BHP's.

Just some food for thought! JMO! :D Good luch with it!
Zac.

Couldnt agree more Zac with the 50/50 thing that would be the way i would go. Good luck with it all tanzen!

I've never seen such a huge and ugly pile of annoying 2c coins! Very impressive, guys! I have a coin of my own, but I won't burden you with it ;)

That's an interesting looking snake by the way, thanks for posting the pictures, Tanzen.

STUNNING!!!! looking BHP Tanzen;
good on you; i'm sure your wrapped.
Well done mate.
Would go great with some that have been produced;
from this line....no; not mine worst luck ;)

Attachments

• Odd bhps clutch 1.JPG
    Odd bhps clutch 1.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 314
  • Odd BHPs clutch 2.JPG
    Odd BHPs clutch 2.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 311
great looking bhp ;)

just keep it and breed from it with mum ...

or what ever you decide just dont be tempted for a quick buck !!

STUNNING!!!! looking BHP Tanzen;
good on you; i'm sure your wrapped.
Well done mate.
Would go great with some that have been produced;
from this line....no; not mine worst luck ;)

Nice indicus,they are around the place the hypo bhps,overseas and a lot more people here have them than is widely known,probably the most interesting looking type this one with the orange patch on the top of its head that is visually appealing IMO

Check the other babies' chins if Den didn't already. If you look on the Split Rock Reptiles site linked earlier they have noted that the hypos have brown spots under their chins.

I am over in the states working with animals from the Split Rock line and in the same situation (which hopefully I will be in late 2008 ;)) I would personally go for a cash down with 50 percent rights to the first 1-3 clutches, or pick of the litter for a few clutches with someone like Den who is well known and respected. Get the deal in writing and go get some new toys with the up front cash you get!!

http://splitrockreptiles.com/htm7/blackheads_breeders.html

Without being involved in anyway other than having animals second hand from them I would say that some of the results shown by SRR on that page and your own unexpected baby may point to some sort of co-dom trait being at play here but maybe it's complex recessive. Co-dom, I would think, could produce more consistant results than we are seeing so I am leaning toward complex recessive which is bad for all of us that want them. Much harder to reproduce. Hopefully the folks out there with these animals will figure the genes out soon. Good luck with your little one (girl??)

Jason

Stunning little Black Head Tanzen. An absolute blinder. Whatever you deciide to do with it just remember that it''s your snake and your decision, and be happy with whatever you do. cheers, Rex

I would keep it and breed it with it's parent of oposite sex and then sell the offspring. Something like that is obvisouly worth alot and quite popular and yeah it will lose it's value one day but not for many years to come.

Very very sweet Tanzen ya gotta be happy with that !

Last edited:
Very very sweet Tanzen ya gotta be happy with that !

So what are the eventual black headed pythons going to be called if they don't have black heads?! :eek:

maybe his name should be Harry Potter??? That's a sort of lightening strike look isn't it... :) Very nice btw..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back