check this out...pics.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssssmithy

Reaction score
iv got a male coastal that has developed a kind of white dot on his head just wondering what peoples thoughts to what it might be are.....?? it has just become more noticable over the past year or so i dont ever remember seeing it when i first got him. heres some pics. not the best photographer but its there lol

Last edited:
ahaha yer well thought it might be lack of pigmentation or something but im no expert... i thought surely someone out there would know.

I can't tell if it's the pictures or not, but it almost looks like a burn. Is it able to touch its heat source?

no just heat cord and fluro and spot lights covered but before i got him hes enclosure set up was a bit dodgie it coulda been there since iv had him but i just have never noticed.

Last edited:
Sure you wouldn't have noticed a conspicuous white dot on your snake's head? I suppose it could have been very faded and become more obvious as the snake as shed.

If you're worried about it, then take it to the vet. It's better to be safe than sorry.

nah well its just beome more noticable with sheding and that at first i just thought it was part of the pattern but yeh i wasnt sure. im not worried at all ,hes a happy angry eater never bitten so i have no worries on health just wanted to see other peoples opinions. thanks. i know its definately not a burn thats all as he has had nothing to get burned by since i have owned him.

The mark kinnda looks like its raised off the head like a bump :?
Not sure what it could be, but just keep an eye on it and see if it doesn't get any bigger/worse. And watch the snakes attitude as well, as that could be an indication towards him being sick.

Could it be like a blister at all, like we get?? :? Just a random Q

I have something very similar on my beardies head, it wasn't there when she was young, but as she got older it got a bit bigger. She's now 8, and it hasn't changed in the past 5 years. Just seems to be the scales grew differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back