Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bashes head against wall" Don't look at the thread if you can't restrain yourselves kiddies. :rolleyes:
Boa can you put me down for a DRONGO, oh, don't worry their easy to find here...:lol:

Here we go, off on another "boring" tangent, which ruins another interesting thread!

Yeah no problem, I hope to breed my Drongos and Eejits this season. :)

This thread is promoting a specific hybrid. The originator did not start the thread to canvas for opinions, just to show off a spectacular animal.

If you don't like hybrids/intergrades then don't post in this thread. In fact, don't even read it. look at something else.

The same goes for cat threads.

Hix.

Arent they all Morelia?

There more simmilar to each other compared to a 6ft 5" bronzed Aussie breeding with a 4ft11" China !!!!!!
Talk about mixing up localitys !!!!
Great looking snakes btw.
:lol:

Arent they all Morelia?

There more simmilar to each other compared to a 6ft 5" bronzed Aussie breeding with a 4ft11" China !!!!!!

Do you know the difference between genus and species?

Do you know the difference between genus and species?

Yep but then again who decides which is which ? yeah some person just picked this and that. Heck My little male Boki Chondro sure does like the Carpet girls, for a wild caught animal he sure is amorous I think he'd breed anything that would hold still for him(must be why the cat doesn't go near him) so I guess he doesn't understand the difference in those words..

Boa,, interested in any trades for some of my Boelen Balls ? That male Boeleni sure found the Ball Python girls attractive. ;) Randy

Australis,
No i dont know the difference but i will look it up.
But i thought everyone was saying crossbreading species, not genus.

Australis,
No i dont know the difference but i will look it up.
But i thought everyone was saying crossbreading species, not genus.

Everyone was (except for some joked combos)...

Your comparison to human races wasn't too flash...
But you were only having a laugh so i really shouldn't
of bothered commenting.

For those that are interested as i dont think its been mentioned yet, The "jagpondros" are actually a cross of 4 seperate species and sub-species.

The Breakdown I believe is : 12.5% Diamond python
37.5% Coastal carpet
25% GTP (Biak I believe)
25% Irian Jaya carpet python

Yasser can correct me if Im wrong.

My opinions on hybrids are well known, just though some may be curious as to the ingredients.

Nick

Why does everybody have to pounce on 'hybrid' threads and start attacking like a pack of wolves?? :evil:
If you do not like them, then say nothing & move onto something else. There is always someone out there who doesn't like one thing or another. Let the people who do enjoy them do just that - enjoy them.
Yasser - you have bred some exceptionally beautiful animals - Congratulations :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:lol: If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!! (Thumper) :lol:

Arent they all Morelia?

yeah man there all morelia!! same genus

at this present moment in time

oh and that snake is an ugly hybrid,but different suppose

Exactly right, it's a beautiful snake so just enjoy it for what it is and if you don't like it don't read the thread and leave the inevitable negative comments to yourself.

Why does everybody have to pounce on 'hybrid' threads and start attacking like a pack of wolves?? :evil:
If you do not like them, then say nothing & move onto something else. There is always someone out there who doesn't like one thing or another. Let the people who do enjoy them do just that - enjoy them.
Yasser - you have bred some exceptionally beautiful animals - Congratulations :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:lol: If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!! (Thumper) :lol:

Wow, that's a pretty Python.
I always find it interesting to see the cross-breeding overseas, you guys manage to get some striking colours and patterns!
I was wondering though, what's their temprament like? I know when you breed some dogs together the offspring is insane, does this happen with pythons too? Are there any behavioural side-effects or novelties?

And on the debate... I think it might be a little late to tell this guy it's a bad idea, considering it looks like he's been doing it for a few generations now.
It's not like we can controll what goes on in the states anyway, and they can't legally bring the snakes down here.

Wow, that's a pretty Python.
I always find it interesting to see the cross-breeding overseas, you guys manage to get some striking colours and patterns!
I was wondering though, what's their temprament like? I know when you breed some dogs together the offspring is insane, does this happen with pythons too? Are there any behavioural side-effects or novelties?

And on the debate... I think it might be a little late to tell this guy it's a bad idea, considering it looks like he's been doing it for a few generations now.
It's not like we can controll what goes on in the states anyway, and they can't legally bring the snakes down here.

There have not been any studies so far that show temperament is an inheritable trait in snakes.

I think it might be a little late to tell this guy it's a bad idea, considering it looks like he's been doing it for a few generations now.

Actually, this is one of my first crossings. I used to be a purist for many years but my thoughts evolved and beliefs changed. But I do plan to breed more most certainly.
I have been breeding snakes for more than ahlf my life and I am still open to any idea, not signing off anything as written in stone. Life is too short and I have gotten over the fact that my US collection of Aussie Morelia, hybrid and pure, will never impact wild populations of Morelia. So I sleep well.

And Waru, does it take a "study" for temperament to be inheritable?
Over here in the USA, it has been widely shown that selective breeding of Antaresia that feed on mice straight off will produce more and more of the same. That's close enough to temperament in behavior studies to make me wonder. It's all about instinctive/ propensity actions. And they can be exaggerated I am sure.

Perching Blackheads anyone? Terrestrial GTPs?
Maybe this is just another wild fantasy of mine or maybe I am merely a little more open minded to the wonders of Mother Nature and the ways she breaks the rules us humans have made.

-Yasser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back