Whats this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattooty

Reaction score
While i was cleaning out my male spotteds enclosure, (took out the paper and was throwing it out) i came back and found this on the bottom. Its quite obvious he did it but i dont know exactly what "it" is? It just looks like a little pile of dust.
He's about to shed and has been a bit temperamental lately. Any ideas?
P6100173.jpg

More likely to be from some kind of invertebrates living in the wood, termites or something along those lines.

I migh take the wood out and see if it still occurs or not.
That thought never even crossed my mind.
cheers

would have to say it's likely to be borers i had the same little pile of dust from one of my logs too

i found boiling water poured over the log got rid of them

oh make sure you get it in the hole or crack wherever they might be lurking

I just threw a log away that was sitting on my back veranda because piles of dust like that were appearing on the table. Obviously a borer, I don't need termites near my home

I just threw a log away that was sitting on my back veranda because piles of dust like that were appearing on the table. Obviously a borer, I don't need termites near my home

Borers are different to termites, termites wont live in just a peice of wood, it has to be connected in someway to the ground and moisture and nest.
Your borers are more likely to be a single or few ambrosia beetles. That can easily be dispatched if necessary.

Looks like you found his Stash ! which explains his temperament, have you noticed his pupils being dilated ? ;) Randy

We soak our timber pieces in F10 first, then soak in boiling water, finally dry them out in the oven, we have found that nothing really survives that treatment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back