common garden skink pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noni

Reaction score
hey all, just playing with the new camera and took a few shots of skinks in the backyard; would i be right in assuming these are the common garden variety? i've had a look in 'frogs & reptiles of the sydney region' by ken griffiths and i'm thinking they are either common garden or snake-eyed skinks.

anyway, i think they are sweet :)

(and before anyone asks its a canon power shot s5is)

Attachments

• IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 180
hey good shots, they are

Cryptoblepharus virgatus
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Cream-striped Wall Skink (snake eyed skinks whatever)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]​

[/FONT]

nice pics, I am going to ask santa for a better cam this year so I can take some pic of cute things around my house

hmmm... this book says fence and snake eyed skinks are the same thing? both cryptoblepharus virgatus?

pseudechis4740: is a fence skink different to a snake eyed skink? i got the spelling off the NSW species list thing...

Yeah, the snake eyed skinks have copper colored head, a dark lateral stripe down the back (if present) and dark lateral stripes from the nostril to the hindlimbs.

if someone could tell me how to post pics, i'll post some of my garden skink pics for u.

these are my garden skinks

Attachments

• DSCF2327.JPG
    DSCF2327.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCF2324.jpg
    DSCF2324.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 126
The old common name mix up again... Well, here's my veiw Cryptoblepharus virgatus = Fence or Snake Eyed Skink, Lampropholis (Leiolopisma) guichenoti = Grass Skink, Lampropholis delicata = Garden Skink, they get refered as different common names in different literature.

The old common name mix up again... Well, here's my veiw Cryptoblepharus virgatus = Fence or Snake Eyed Skink, Lampropholis (Leiolopisma) guichenoti = Grass Skink, Lampropholis delicata = Garden Skink, they get refered as different common names in different literature.

I happen to agree with this taxonomy, in fact I have never before heard of naming Lampropholis guichenoti as snake-eyed skink.

mine are lampropholis guichenoti, of that i'm sure(i did the reserch on them). i thought guichenoti WAS the garden skink, its also called ''pale-flecked garden sunskink"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back