Itchy snake...Help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timmy_1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Today I found my little Woma girl rubbing herself against everything in her cage, she shed her skin last week so I know she isn't shedding again. She is roughening up her scales along her sides and belly and I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before?? or knows what the problem may be?:(

I can't see any signs of mites on her...could it be mites?

Any help appreciated.

Tim

It could be mites mate. Just give it a warm bath. Inspect the surface to see if any mites float to the surface. If not, at least he had a nice bath.

Make sure theres a big enough mas sof wate rin her enclosure so sh can soak her WHOLE body in it...so she can drown anything living on her thats annoying her..also..investing in 'top of decent' insecticides would be a good investment..and take your girl out of her enclosure and spray thoroughly

thanks guys i'll give her a bath and see if i can see any mites. Just ordered some top of decent stuff over the net.

I wonder how she picked them up if she does have mites...oh well

let me know if you have any other ideas.

Tim

Hey guys, just an update.

I gave little Pumpkin a bath and treated the enclosure with 'Top of descent'. I didn't see any mites in the bath water but you never know...

She now seems to be clear of all itchyness.

Cheers for all you help.

Tim

Here is a few pics of her.:D

Attachments

• DSC02671.jpg
    DSC02671.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Pumpkin 15th Feb '08 (7).jpg
    Pumpkin 15th Feb '08 (7).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 34
Hey guys, just an update.

I gave little Pumpkin a bath and treated the enclosure with 'Top of descent'. I didn't see any mites in the bath water but you never know...

She now seems to be clear of all itchyness.

Cheers for all you help.

Tim

Here is a few pics of her.:D

I hope you took the water bowl out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back