South Africa's Irwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mebebrian

Reaction score
gone 2 find myself, if i get back b4 me, keep me h
Wow, i just watched a docco by Austin Stevens, the man is crazy!
He goes off on a mission to find and photograph a man eating sized reticulated python in Borneo and along the way has a bit of a play with an asian spitting cobra with only sunnies for protection!
Just as keen and about as ballsy as Irwin, never heard of the guy but anyway im off to find some more.
But anyway check this one out it's called: search for man eating snake with Austin Stevens, its on google vids. and its about 40min long

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=classified&sitesearch=#q=snake documentary&sitesearch=

dunno if this link will work... im a link virgin...

Link took me to a music video, not a bad song either

Edit... found it, not a bad vid, but he's no Steve Irwin

Yeah hes been on animal planet for a few years now. He is a bit crazy isnt he. . does stuff in Australia as well, including searching for the valley of the snakes to find scrubbies.

If you keep going through you tube there is actually a video of him getting bitten by a cobra!!..... i thought it was funny...

Bit of a unit gets bitten way to many times by things that shouldnt be played with.

Definately no Steve Irwin, way to much background music and dramatistaion for me.

yeh i watch him and corwin i think they are great but they are definately nothing like steve. austin stevens is pretty crazy haha i have seen him pick up a 12 foot king cobra and throw it over his shoulders haha the guy has some balls

hes a bit of an idiot, except he 'finds' some really nice snakes

yeh i watch him and corwin i think they are great but they are definately nothing like steve. austin stevens is pretty crazy haha i have seen him pick up a 12 foot king cobra and throw it over his shoulders haha the guy has some balls

Keep him away from peaceful fish and its all cool...
either way nice utube clip.

lol wrong quote :oops::oops::p:rolleyes::evil::p

hey Serpant_Lady here,

Don't mind Jules Sylvester - a bit of a joker not quite as full on as Jeff corwin but still a good watch.

Funny Story: was babysitting once for a little boy addicted to Tv and was totally fed up with the Disney chnnel so I made him change it to Animal Planet thinking we could watch something cool and educational. This guy jules was on doing a special on south african reptiles so i thought hey every 5 year old boys dream. Right?

Anyway Jules was on the roof of a she having caught a green mamba and was comparing the green mamba vemon with a puff adder I think..? He started talking about the effects of one of the venoms (I can't remember which) saying "If you get bitten by one of those guys it is so debilitating. You can be in hospital for a long time. You see the venom is heamotoxic meaning it affects your circulatory system and you bleed out of you nose and your eyes. You've got blood coming out the pores of your skin from every oriface you can think of. Its pretty bad" James' eyes were so big and he was white as a sheet (he is a little mollycoddled) and that was when i decided the Disney channel was fine with me!

Jeff Corwin knows his stuff. Except he can't pronouce "kookaburra". Austin Steven also knows a lot, however, he gets much too excited and enthusiastic- which is what makes people think he's some drop kick that likes to show off. How does, however, make the shows over-dramatic. Jules Sylvester is an animal trainer, and he's eccentric- but he's clever.

Who was the turkey who was chasing a retic in water in a cave, got bitten on the thoigh, squeled like a girl and then kept repeating "I got a bad bite.....it's bad bad bite" about twenty times in 90 seconds?

:p

Hix

Austin Stevens, I tryed to watch a couple of his shows, the storylines are too much for me. I watch docos for animals and non-fiction entertainment. Not for staged heroics and plots. At least you have a good chance of seeing him get tagged by something nasty, that would be one reason to watch...

Who was the turkey who was chasing a retic in water in a cave, got bitten on the thoigh, squeled like a girl and then kept repeating "I got a bad bite.....it's bad bad bite" about twenty times in 90 seconds?

:p

Hix
It was Brady Barr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back