Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A keeper north of me got nailed by a Taipan while medicating it. The media were waiting at Bundy hospital for him. Simply, they listen to scanners etc and then add their own spin of things long before they talk to the patient.

I'm glad you spoke to the media Sdaji, at least you got to have your say and show the twits that said you were on death's door that you were fine and dandy :)

John, I had to do several interviews starting at 6am, they wanted to know how deadly the snake was, whether you you recover, how common this type of event is....all of this without knowing what had happened, they woke me for comments!!. I was very pleased to hear that you were ok and the media
stangely blew things out of proportion and could then comment to the media that it was all hype, and that you were fine. Im just glad it wasnt serious.

Woah! Sdaji :shock: Thats amazing !! hahaha good to hear!

can anyone link me to a video or page?

Yep, they were already interviewing people and obtaining footage before I realised the media had heard a single word about it. As I said, the story was going to go ahead in a big way whether or not I was involved. They were trying to get quotes from anyone at all, and if anyone said anything they wanted to use, they'd report it as fact, and what they wanted was to hear that I was going to die, snakes are bad, we all need to be scared, etc etc. With my direct involvement, I was able to tell them what really happened and put a positive spin on things, and once they had that information from me they were forced not to say it was too terrible, and once some of them were reporting that I wasn't so bad, with footage of me clearly confirming it, the others all had to follow.

...and I'm still accused of hyping it up! :lol: Oh well, people will say all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons! :lol:

I agree, the number of times they asked me how likely it was you would recover...I kept pointing out that it is not as serious as they are reporting but that never made the air. The best interview was with ABC as they wanted comments in relation to the animal, it was live to air and they were more interested in calming down the hype than blowing it all out of proportion. It was nice to be able to comment that you were fine and that you didnt recieve anti-venom. It was also very considererate of you to help me advertise the business though! Indirectly of course....the free air time was great for me!:D

Last edited:
Haha! I gave a lot of people free air time! :lol: I should send you all some bills ;)

horsenz
The Media listen in on Scanners monitoring mainly Emergency Services: Police/Ambo's/Firies/Ses. All these services use their Emergency vehicle radio when they are "mobile" eg. "Firies" mobile to a reported Snakebite patient at (address) .. >>>>> .... .... Media jumps on this! As salebrosus said few posts back: Media was at hospital waiting for patient to arrive. Can you see the picture?
Cheers ttaipan

Geez Sdaji, you missed the big opportunity! You could have nationally pointed out the nutritional value of BBQ rats! ;)

Glad it was only minor buddy.

"OH MY GOD....YOUR ALIVE????....
YOU DIDN'T GET YOUR ARM BITTEN OFF BY A ANACONDA SIZE BABY ADDER"

just thought ide help!....lol
lucky your not that shy Sdaji.....the extended version should be out at cinema's soon...
even dvd....seems to be on the cards!.........lol

For those who have never dealt with the sensational media that we are surrounded by - do not underestimate the lengths they will go to and the lies they will create just to make a good news story. I experienced it first hand about 3 years ago when my boss, Erik Attmarsson, was killed by a Scrub Python. The link below highlights some of the articles with blatant lies been purported as the truth.

http://hkras.org/eng/herpnews/?record=184

I was one of the lucky ones who received a reply to my text from Sdaji...at least this bite as one positive, it's taken a bit of the heat off of me for my little scare a few weeks back!

wow, it was you!! (i'm a bit slow) :)

lucky u 4 getting off so lightly!!! :)

horsenz
The Media listen in on Scanners monitoring mainly Emergency Services: Police/Ambo's/Firies/Ses. All these services use their Emergency vehicle radio when they are "mobile" eg. "Firies" mobile to a reported Snakebite patient at (address) .. >>>>> .... .... Media jumps on this! As salebrosus said few posts back: Media was at hospital waiting for patient to arrive. Can you see the picture?
Cheers ttaipan
if you read my post correctly you will realize you just repeated exactly what i said, and having been a paramedic for the best part of 20 years ...yea mate, i CAN see the picture...
cheers
horsenz ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back