Boaphile enclosures?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olivepython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im new to these forums, but ive been keeping snakes for many years now. I have read alot of threads on the boaphile enclosures, and have noticed that people have had trouble getting them into the country, why is this??

Does anyone know if they are available in Australia?

Thanks in advance

never heard of them either, but it seems we have a hard time getting a lot of reptile products over here. you look at US sites for reptile supplies and the range in cage furniture and accessories is usually has so much more variety then ours. IMO we are just very limited here we get a few big name brands and that's about it

i know the enclosures you are talking about and was interested in using them myself (they are by far the nicest looking plastic enclosures i have seen and they seem to have pretty good reviews in the US). I don't know about anyone else that has tried to import them but the problem i had with boaphile is a complete lack of comunication... i have emailed them on about 4 different occasions and they have never bothered to reply.

Cheers,
Ish

Dam Yanks have it all...

Morning all. Just to add my five cents worth to this thread, check these guys out www.cagesbydesign.com if only...

Check out these cages, http://www.herpenclosures.com/cages.html I have been changing over to these cages and really like them.. They knock down which makes then a whole lot cheaper to ship . Rich the guy who owns the company is easy to work with but I would imagine any of the cage MFG over here would want you to place a fairly large order to make it worth their time to arrange shipping to Oz. I would think that they would have to be crated ETC for over seas shipping which would be added trouble and expense . If you really want to order cages from the states you should get a number of people to go in with you and make as big an order as you can, thios would make it cheaper for you as well.. You should email Rich and talk to him about it and see what he can do for you, tell him I sent you his way... Randy

They knock down which makes then a whole lot cheaper to ship... Randy

Well that screams potential, i had the frieght priced for some molded enclosures some time back and that
was the problem freight was 50% of the cost of a already expensive enclosure.

Yeah i have had the same problem. I have emailed them about 5 time no joke, and i have yet to recieve a reply. I have asked on American forums and apparently he does ship internatinally, but as someone already said, you have to make one hell of an order in order to get your moneys worth.

I would seriously consider it, and if anyone else is interested please let me know as i am willing to arrange everything.

Cheers

Australis, there's another company called Animal Plastics that builds similar cages but I think Herp enclosures is a little cheaper. You should see if they'll let you start a thread on who might be interested in going in on an order.

As for Boaphiile they are known for being hard to contact at times. Might try their phone number yeah time difference and all that but I hear they answer the phone.

If anyone has any trouble contacting Rich at Herp enclosures let me know and I'll call him and get you together.. They have had problems recently with attacks on their web site, seems to be going around the Herp industry lately.. Randy

wow, those boaphile cages are SO cool, i want one. i like the combo ones with hides built in...but kinda big LOL.

I took a close look at the Boaphile cages at a reptile expo.
They were not bad looking cages, but most models that they offer have less height than I would like to have and they leave little room for lighting if you should wish to add it.
I have heard a lot of positive feedback from fellow keepers who have Boaphile cages, However, they have issues with communication and timely shipping.

The cost of international shipping would be prohibitive.........Better to find a cage design you like then seek out a handy fellow right there in OZ who can fabricate it for you.

I like these cages.
They cost more than Boaphiles and some of the others, but have the features and sizes I prefer.
http://www.showcasecages.com/index.htm

Baophile

I made contact a few months ago with one relpy as I was going to import them and try to supply a different enclosure. The cost of each unit will be very expensive and I believe that the average keeper would not be able to to afford them and I would not have been able to sell them all.
We could do a bulk order but it involves a lot of work and I would require a very large order and a 75% deposit up front.
If enough people want them mail me and I will try to work on this. They will only make to order so it will take a few months allowing for them to make the units.
cu
Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back