2008 Blue Morph hatchies (pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But then so are montiors!!

Most reptile venoms are just modified saliva's and "venom glands"are just. Do GTS not produce saliva?

Cheers Andrew

But then so are montiors!!

Most reptile venoms are just modified saliva's and "venom glands"are just. Do GTS not produce saliva?

Cheers Andrew

Well until further research is done we can only go on what has already been researched, which says they are not venomous and have no venom.

Anything else people say is conjecture.

Well until further research is done we can only go on what has already been researched, which says they are not venomous and have no venom.

Anything else people say is conjecture.

Actually Dr Brian Fry has done this work already, see the link above.

so if i were to get bitten by a bts......I would be ok unless i have an allergic reaction??
Im waitin on a night tiger and we like to be re-assured :)

I love the little buggers!! so cute - interested to know what fish you feed - how often and are you going to sell them in the long run??

You should be fine Daniel, been bitten by 1 and just a bit of a sore hand for a while. Unless u have a allergic reaction i wouldnt be too worried.

so if i were to get bitten by a bts......I would be ok unless i have an allergic reaction??
Im waitin on a night tiger and we like to be re-assured :)

BTS are different to GTS. BTS do have a venom as far as i am aware, but i've had a few have a good old chew on me and all i got was some bad bruising.

Yep BTS definitely do have venom but they are rear fanged so harder for them to offload.

Not usually classed as dangerous to humans. I haven't heard of anyone personally having a reaction to a bite. I have had dry bites before with no effects similar to waruikazi although the only ones I let bite me were too small to do any bruising. Not game to risk it with a big guy myself.

As for the GTS I always thought they were non -venomous but with research being done lately on different species the definition on what is and isn't may change.

They definitely don't have an advanced venom delivery system. Doesn't mean they don't have venom.

Cheers Andrew

Green Tree Snakes are non venomous, they have solid teeth and no fangs or venom. They have very sharp teeth, but a bite would only result in a few punctures and a bit of bleeding.

If so, then why are Tree Snakes colourbrids, if it can't inject venom, why is it considered colourbrid?

If so, then why are Tree Snakes colourbrids, if it can't inject venom, why is it considered colourbrid?

Not all Colubrids are rear fanged, some like the GTS have no fangs at all. Still classed as Colubrids- rear fanged or solid toothed snakes.

i'm gonna ask a question, how would i go about in getting one? or is it very hard to find one for sale? if anyone knows, would you please let me know. thanks

I've been bitten too by BT's and the first time i had a little numbness for 10 mins and now nothing happens. However my friend, who's twice my weight had vomiting and the squirts for a little while, so i guess it effects everyone differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back