Blue tongue hurt its mouth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mozi

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed that my blue tongue has a floppy sort of jaw and its lip was hanging down a little bit. Its bottom mandible had been split in half for about 5cm!!

He had an operation yesterday at the vet and had a splint put onto his mouth. Looks so wierd with all this tape stuff around his head. Just wanted to tell someone about the poor little things ordeal.

Ouch! Poor little thing.
Do you know how it happened?

Dragon1

I have no idea how it happened at all. Really confused about how it could have happended - he's a pretty clumsy blue tongue but so who knows!!

Hmmm...
You might want to find out how he hurt himself
so he dosen't do it again.:D

Dragon1

lol sounds like he tried to bite something sharp, hope he's ok :) pics? love to see what he looks like

Will pics up tommorrow but its all covered over at the moment as the splint is glued on and then it is covered over with surgical tape so there isn't much to see except that its gone all black from him rubbing it like crazy because he hates the tape. Fed him today and still eats like a guts so hopefully a good recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back