Heating problem!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if your modem isn't hot enough, (i know mine wouldn't be) find something in your house that uses a transformer. i've use those in emergencies.

If your snake gets a respiratory infection due to the constant cold temps (which is quite likely), if left untreated, then your snake will die.

Indeed, however i was actually talking about your python. No heat for 1-2 months can be quite dangerous, depending on just how low the temps are.

well the temps at say 2-3 in the morning would be around 16 (however the thermometer said it was 20 in her tank [not to mention shes coiled in her hide box]) but i also took her out and handled her alot, 2/3 the time all day! she'd just somehow find a way to cling to me under my shirt and jumper and i'd sometimes forget shes there lol.

but yeah as for repiratory disease, all her symptoms are good.. no signs of it. so all is well.

In emergencies iv'e used those heat pillows that people use for cramps.. you just whack them in the microwave untill they are warm. And you obviously check to makesure it's not gonna burn your snake. Theyr'e a cheap alternative and my snakes seem to like them

Or you could keep your snake down your shirt for part of the day, then leave it in the tank for the rest of the time. It would be fine.

rig up a light bulb under a shelf, so that the bulb is only 10-20mm from the shelf, Use a 25 or 40 watt bulb.
This will create a heat pad type area on top of the shelf, and just put the enclosure over half or so of the heated area. simple.
As mrbredli has said, if the snake gets too cold for to long it will get sick and could easily die.

theres no way i'd leave a snake for 3 days without heat @ this time of the year, 3 days is heaps of time to get an RI!

when Loki comes to work with me i use a soft esky bag with a heat bag (microwaved wheat) in teh bottom, he goes in himself and happily stays there all day, heat bag stays warm fro 3-4 hours,...maybe try that fro the next few days,...

Lokis my bredli, not all the time but when someone new starts i get hassled to bring him in 4 show and tell. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back