MD's please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My MD. They are just the nicest looking animals and most are very easy going.

MD.jpg

MD2.jpg

i saw the biggest eastern watery ever right outside gondwana land at south bank in brissie,was missing heaps of tail but the head on it was humungas,body size to,ive seen thousands of big ones,but this guy was huge in comparison

oops back on topic,md,s are great,i have a young pr of them,they are fiesty at times,but thats natural ,compared to darwins of similar size they are very mellow,there classed as the easyest to keep and breed of all the carpets with bredlis close behind,both 2 of the calmer forms,though i dont own them for handling,so dont mind a little fiestyness,adds character,but yeah,like alot of pythons they calm with age,and get used to u if u handle them

My MD's are all very friendly regardless of sex.

I have never seen my male or female MDs bite or even go in a defensive position unless it is concerning a food item.

Infact my female doesn't even constrict its food just opens its mouth and lets it slide in.

Monty.jpg

Monty my 5 year old male.

-nubs at the cage door when he wants to cruise around the lounge
-likes to greet visitors
-doesn't like rats

Mertle.jpg

Mertle my 6 month old female.

-likes to hide in peoples clothing especially my partners bra (its probably the warmth)
-shy; doesn't like to explore open areas but this is mostly due to being a hatchy

Last edited:
gorgeous MD's guys, im definately getting one. just need to get the cash for a hacthy and a new enclosure :) cheers for the help and the pics guys :D.

Steven

i dont remember what member it was... but someone showed a reduced black m/d
stunning python its was!

i dont remember what member it was... but someone showed a reduced black m/d
stunning python its was!

From memory Hugsta had a really nice and unusual looking hatchie last year. That might be the on you are thinking of DL.

maybe..! ...was reduced...more white than any other colour by memory
ill be hunting that form next year myself!!!!!!!..:lol:

I have recenlty bought my very first snake, a MD she/he is about 6 months old and seems to be very placid. and because this is my very first reply to a thread i will have to work out how to post a pic, i will look into it and pop one up very soon.
Cheers
danni

just a question how much would u pay for a hatchling md im looking into getting a pair soon

lol, and i prob wont be able to get enough to buy one cause i aint got a job.. im still looking for one though. hopefully iv saved enough for a new tank and a snake by the time there selling or iv got a job..

Hi i paid $250 (that was a few days ago)... anyone know how to get a pic up by your user ID?
Danni

good thing about being my age is i generally dont have to pay for anything exept my snakes and im lucky my dad is a sparky one of my uncles is a carpenter and the other one is a painter so im set

lol lucky you, and to the danni sign up to photobucket and upload the pics there then come back and click the IMG link under the pic on photobucket and paste it here the pic will then show up when you submit your reply :)

Thanks trogdor1988 for starting this thread. I want to see photos of MDs too

Im thinking about getting a MD and am curious, what are the main differences between the SA MDs and the Eastern States ones. I heard that the patterning varies according to region. Where do the ones with the reddy-brown in their patterns come from?

Thanks

lol lucky you, and to the danni sign up to photobucket and upload the pics there then come back and click the IMG link under the pic on photobucket and paste it here the pic will then show up when you submit your reply :)

there is an easier way when u reply to a thread there is a button below the bock called manage attachments click on that and u can upload the picture from wherever u have it on ur computer hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back