Petition to support Troy Critchley

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so torn on this - talk about a day to change your life for him, I do feel for the guy, it was an accident - but it also ended in 6 innocent deaths.
I think the wolves are out after him and nothing can save him really.
just my 2c worth,

I feel sorry for him but hey he drove the car , wether he was the one or not that organised the demostration,he still was and only the one that drove it ,so as bad as I feel for him and I know it was a tragic accident .......HE should of put his foot down and said NO because of the lack of security between the demostration and the public.......so yeah in my belief he is some what responcible for what took place....if the shoe was on the other foot and his babies were killed he would want something done about it ..........

Whilst I know he never meant any harm to those people he was the one driving the car. Someone needs to be held responsible for their deaths and the trauma that it's caused their families and friends and unfortunately that person is him. I'm sure though that the organisers of the day should also be held responsible for not providing adequate safety barriers.

Watched the story on 60 minutes and couldn't believe the lack of safety precautions taken. As far as i'm concerned the organizers are the ones responsible, not to mention the people who put their lives at risk and lost them standing where they were, and hopefully the jurors will see it the same way...

Ben

I saw this on 60 minutes as well, I personally blame the organisers.

i missed the 60 minutes thing but my mother saw it and said it was amazing and terrible all at once.
the poor guy though, apparently dosent drive anymore?
must have been devestating for him yet i cant even contemplate what the families of the dead are feeling.

i've seen the accident, there were cops there OKing the event, the local fire brigade was wetting down the burnout start line.. it's just bad organisers and bad luck...

Blame should go to the organisers for not supplying a safe area..
There is a duty of care legaly falling on the organisers of the event, same thing happened when tod wilks crashed his car at eastern creek.. car nuts will know what i'm talking about..
responsibility fall first and foremost on the event organisers...
if there was adaquate saftey precoutions, and then he was driving irrisponsibly, then he is at fault....

Blame for all of them involved , and for the guy driving , being a professional driver he knew the risks and choose to drive , he should have made the right decision and he clearly did not .

I don't believe it was HIS fault. it was an ACCIDENT after all. he was not responsible for the lack of safety. I feel for teh people who lost loved ones but it is not him they should be going after. The organisers should be held liable for allowing the demonstrations without taking the steps to make it safe. He is already serving a life sentance knowing that it happend and so many people were hurt & killed.

Blame for all of them involved , and for the guy driving , being a professional driver he knew the risks and choose to drive , he should have made the right decision and he clearly did not .

I understand where you are coming from Dicky, even though it was the organisers fault for not putting up proper safety measures, Troy being a professional driver, knew the risks and should not of agreed to race unless all the proper safety measures were put in place.
Then, after all these steps were taken and people still got killed or injured...it was an 'accident'.

You are all right , it was a terrible accident and i feel sorry for the guy ...but ,

He knew how hard those cars are to handle , he knew he would be going very fast , he knew it was extremely dangerous , he knew there was no safety for the innocent bystanders , and yet he ignored all these factors and went ahead and did it anyway .
He should have said NO , it is unsafe .but he didn't .
He is Guilty IMO and should be accountable for his actions , simple .
If he had of said no , and not got in the car , those people would still be alive today ..
as should the organizers of the event .

Last edited:
As someone with a CAMS license and a lot more real experience than Troy, ......
He is on his own here. Sad as it is to see a fellow Aussie imprisoned in a country with suspect laws, he knew what he attempted.
No-one wants to see him gaoled for a million years, but he knew the risks.

Just gotta walk the line.

All very valid points in here, and I do agree he needs to take some responsibility, but 90 years?

While we are talking about people taking responsibility for their actions/choices, everyone that died there that day made a choice to watch something that by its very nature is inherently dangerous with no barriers or protection. Are they not somehow also responsible for their own choice to watch it?

Those that were to young to make that choice for themselves, shouldn't their parents be held responsible for putting thier children in harms way?

Anyway, the petition isn't to absolve him of blame or anything else, it is merely asking that he not be forgotten, and afforded the same consideration our government gives to drug traffickers etc etc that are caught in criminal acts overseas.

Looking out that windscreen he would have known that a burnout in that situation was Russian roulette. Blame whoever for whatever but he should have just said no.

I saw this on 60 minutes as well, I personally blame the organisers.

Couldn't agree more.

He is a drag racer who was invited to attend a charity event, which he accpeted. Gave up his time & his incredibly expensive resources to help others.

The event was organised and sanctioned by the local Govt and their myriad of departments, police, fire etc... and deemed safe.

This poor bugger is a scapegoat for some beauracrat who has never heard of the term 'risk management'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back