Vote yes or no $ should u feed pythons while there shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you feed if your snake is in a shed?

• Yes

Votes: 99 63.5%
  • No

Votes: 57 36.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i say it poll is inconclusive because only a small pencenage of people voted out of all the people that viewed it over 100 voted and over 1600 where to lazy to vote

The veiws are greater beacause of people coming back time and time again to reply to posts........look at the amount of multiple replies from people.......thats why votes is 100 and veiws are 1600.

Ive personally veiwed this thread numerous times for the comic relief...

By the way I believe it they are hungry they will eat....each snake is different ....some of mine do some of mine dont....

Last edited:
The veiws are greater beacause of people coming back time and time again to reply to posts........look at the amount of multiple replies from people.......thats why votes is 100 and veiws are 1600.

Ive personally veiwed this thread numerous times for the comic relief...

Me to

i say it poll is inconclusive because only a small pencenage of people voted out of all the people that viewed it over 100 voted and over 1600 where to lazy to vote

Even so if you run with the percentages and extrapalate the numbers out the
result is still an overwhelming Yes.
The fact still remains your original oppinion is not that of the wider herp community
according to this poll!
Just remember you are the one that started this poll so accept the result and get on
with life:)

but look at all the views compared to the votes

The amount of views is inconclusive...lol
Everyone looks at the thread everytime a new post goes up...so the same person may have viewed the thread 40 times.

How about we do a poll about the poll?? :D:D:D:D

I say no. Reason being is that I just prefer to let the snake be in peace during the shed cycle. Just a personal preference now that has become habitual to an extent.

Depends on the snake. A lot of mine will take food, but some will not. Usually I wait until after they have shed, due to the fact that I do not breed my own rats and with the cost of rats I cannot affiord to throw them out if they are not eaten, and as my are always feed regularly, another week or so will certainly do them no harm at all.

I don't understand why all is always right and wrong.
There should be always some place for preference.
I prefer not to feed but I am not saying that feeding is wrong.

Some people here are so childish. Who cares if there is more people for or against it.
This subject always will be keepers choice.

personally no i don't feed whilst in shed, mainly because I've just wasted some money on a rat if she doesn't eat but also because if it maybe doesn't cause any harm it makes it easier on the snake to get the skin off.

Personally i would highly doubt a snake in the wild coming up to shed would refuse an easy meal if it came across one. Although some snake's may have trouble so just to be on the safe side you could just feed it a smaller meal and if it doesnt take it just feed it to your goannas if you have some.:)

So what have we gathered from this poll?

66% of people feed while the snake is on a shed cycle
33% choose not to feed while the snake is on the shed cycle.

We have also proven that although the votes disagree with him mrillusion still thinks he is right and that you shouldn't feed on a shed cycle., and he assumes as more people have viewed the thread then not enough people have voted, but considering the amount of people that have posted more then five times each i would say alot of views are from people wanting to check out new posts or to reply.

Now my next question to you mrillusion even though you didn't actually answer my last one about the size of food compared to the snake you just answered with a what we always gave him (i don't know what you gave him duh)

Anyhoo my question is this, do you think you have more experience with snakes then most of the people that answered this poll? And how many snakes have you had and how long for? Also what have you learnt from doing this poll?

Since your only 14 i would gather you really haven't had as much experience with snakes as what most other people on this forum who answered this poll has, and i hope you have learnt to not give people advice on things you know little about

:)

I cant believe I actually bothered to read all of this thread!

And yes by the way,
I let the snake be the judge, its there is s/he wants it.
My experience only once not eaten. (2 y.o. diamond)
My blonde eats every week regardless. :)

I cant believe I actually bothered to read all of this thread!

And yes by the way,
I let the snake be the judge, its there is s/he wants it.
My experience only once not eaten. (2 y.o. diamond)
My blonde eats every week regardless. :)

Yeh I was just gonna add another album to my profile.
It's interesting that some have had skins roll back on themselves, but the wasted food gets my vote. Poor little rodents, died for nothing:(

The amount of views is inconclusive...lol
Everyone looks at the thread everytime a new post goes up...so the same person may have viewed the thread 40 times.

How about we do a poll about the poll?? :D:D:D:D

I dare you to Fay :twisted:

Mine always eat when on shed, but then again, mine are always eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back