Post count

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tooninoz

Reaction score
Post count is a big issue for some members. It is a headache for others. Some seem to think that a massive post count somehow adds to status?
On an old Holden forum I'm a member of, this was easily solved. Any posts in the 'general' section (like the chit-chat one here) weren't counted. Therefore, any new members weren't swayed by post counts etc.
Just an idea.

It is fairly easy to seperate the wheat from the chaff on this forum.....

i have a lower post count than you 4. that means you have all been posting rubbish , all i post is pure gold =)

What does it matter how many posts someone has made? What matters is what is said.

What does it matter how many posts someone has made? What matters is what is said.

Agreed there are people on here that have 2-3-4 times the amount off post as me and yet have no idea what they are on about (not saying that i do)

Just cos u have 2000 post doesn't mean you no what you are talking about. I have a friend on here that has only got 90 or so posts yet he is a very experienced herpologist who has been keeping and breeding snake for 40 odd years

Lewy

Post count isn't an issue for me, i've been on this forum since 2006 making me a 'veteran' but have a low post count as i don't post in a thread unless i have something to add and don't post inane stuff just to get the post count up.

TBH really who cares how many posts someone has made? Only what they have posted matters, and if you only take advice of those with high post counts them the laugh would be on you, check out how long they have been on the site and the advice they are actually giving.

Gosh hope that made sense, its been a long day lol

i agree some people seem to need to post something even it if does'nt help or have anything to do with the topic

freedom of speech..etc!..lol

i do think the count thing is overrated ...i yabber heaps,its my personality!
some make too bigger deal about it...should get over it!

no one is forcing anyone to read every thread ...

think there is bigger problems in the world

at the same time ...i do take things said personally
i dislike upsetting anyone
so it does bother me that some take it upon themselves to
be too opinionated about others!
d/l

I never even look at people's post counts (unless it's on a thread about post counts:D). I know there are people on this site whose opinions I value. Likewise there are a number who dribble BS constantly. I judge each post and poster on individual merit not by the number next to their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back