Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone else checked out the Northern Rainforest diamonds advertised on herp trader?Not wanting to be monotonous but it's hard not to be when you look at the animals in the photos and have to pose the question of being pure diamonds but striped ones lol or are they intergrades.All these new terms popping up for animals like Honey Jungles is a bit of a laugh really,well it is to me anywaylol

I saw one like that, i think they are just port macs aren't they?
do you have the link for the one your talking about?

Surely you have the herp shop or herp trader saved in your favourites,if not you should,it's one of the best sites for buying and selling reptiles along with buying just about anything needed to keep reptiles!

http://www.herptrader.com.au/

if you read the ad is says morelia spilota mcdoweli/ morelia spilota spilota..... isnt this an intergrade??whether it is natural or not. what ever they are, they are not claimed as pure diamonds.... but damn do they look amazing!! i would love one of those in my collection:)

I saw it, it looked like a DiamondxCoastal to me. It even says that.
Northern Rainforest Diamond Python (Morelia spilota Mcdowelli/Spilota) 7 mth old advanced hatchlings, approx 80cms long.

The Ref# number is 820-905.

Ah I missed that I just saw Northern Rainforest Diamonds,now it makes more sense lol

Yeh there were some up a few years back that looked quite similar to those and they were sold as intergrades /hybrids, maybe from the same breeder? They do look great though, same goes for the add bellow, i was really considering buying them

They are from Kel Worley, checkout his Diamonds, best in the country for sure!!!!!!
Kel also has the Ochre BHP's that are also the best in Oz, thats where Den K got his from....

The Worley's are one of the top breeders in the country and realy nice people too.

The ad clearly states Mcdowelli/Spilota, they are obviously from the Northen Rain forest area... Nothing missleading there....

They are from Kel Worley, checkout his Diamonds, best in the country for sure!!!!!!
Kel also has the Ochre BHP's that are also the best in Oz, thats where Den K got his from....

The Worley's are one of the top breeders in the country and realy nice people too.

The ad clearly states Mcdowelli/Spilota, they are obviously from the Northen Rain forest area... Nothing missleading there....

That really depends what you class as the 'northen rainforest area'........For me its somewhere........north...............like the wet tropics world heritage area, NQLD. :lol:

gman78 Read the ad again, they are not crossbreeds, they are a natural intergrade..

Rednut As above !!!!!

The people that want to bag these snakes obviously dont know who the Worley's are...
They breed more snakes (top quality) then most of us put together..
Keyboard experts are probably why Kel hates computers and is never on this site, a real shame as Denver will tell you Kel has a wealth of knowledge....

Not a bagging post but I read the ad Hawktime and its says and I quote "Specially selected multi generation captive bred, selectively bred from outstanding parents for temperament, colour and overall health."
Where does it say natural my son, who the hell is Denver? and who cares who doesnt use the inernet.
Buy the snakes if you like them but they are breeders snakes. That makes them pure Worley lines, not pure natural intergrades. That doesnt make them any less attractive or worthy of purchase. In fact if the Worleys are in for the long haul which I assume they are then they are establishing a provenance through the naming.
I too question the use of Northern Rainforest but they aren't my snakes so i dont get naming rights.

I just think people are referring to the name (or renaming) of the particular pythons. I have never heard of Northern Rainforest Diamonds before, I am sure they are just running out a new identifying name for their particular line of pythons, i.e. Southern Crosses "Topaz Tanami Womas"

I guess 'Intergrades for sale' doesnt sound quite as good as 'Northern rainforest Diamonds' does it? They'll sell quicker with the catchy name.

Last edited:
I like the name Northern Rainforest Diamonds much better than Port Macs, as Port Maquarie (sp?) isn't the only place with the integrades, they go up past coffs harbour and down furthur south too. But I originally thought "northern rainforest" meant the top end.
I definantly love integrades though, I have a bit of a soft spot for them, having originally come from the northern end of their area.
They could be called a number of things, sub-tropical rainforest diamonds, rainbow forest diamonds (after the rainbow region) etc. Makes them sound far more mysterious and thrilling than "integrade" or natural coastal/diamond x. I guess it depends who's breeding them.

Peter, im not your son!!!!!
What i meant by saying natural intergrade was that they are not a cross breed, of course they are multi generation captive breed.

Quote " who cares who uses a computer" well i do, it would be great if there were more people on here like Kel, instead of keyboard breeders..

Quote" who the hells Denver" . Peter, where have you been???? Denver & his brother Troy are another couple of Australia's best.... do a quick search!!!
They also have a new Reptile mag comming out called Scails & Tails..

Hi ALL,

Probably opening a can of worms here, but why does the term "natural intergrade" bring out the knockers?

IMO, their just as "natural" as any other python species as their "naturally occuring" as opposed to crossing a Bredli with a MD!!

Great looking snakes I reckon>

Cheers,

I.V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back