Have your snakes ever made you sick ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McBoob_Inc

Reaction score
Thought i'd throw this out there.....

So a few weeks back i had let one of my snakes crawl over my face, wrap around my head, what have you, all in good fun
A few days later i got what i thought was a sty on my eye
Nothing to worry bout, swollen eye, thats it

So last weekend i had my snake out again and today my other eye has swollen up in the same fashion and the only thing i can recall doing the same is letting my snake near my head which i normally don't do

My snake has never had any health issues, at least not in my care
He looks as fit as they come, he is perfect in every way

Anyone else have an opinion on this ?? Previous experience ??
Thinking maybe germs from a rat ?? :?

lol my old boss used to say if you dont wash your hands after holding a reptile. you'll end up vomiting and pooping at the same time. lol and at the same consistency. :p reptiles are covered in bacteria although i have never had any problems

lol my old boss used to say if you dont wash your hands after holding a reptile. You'll end up vomiting and pooping at the same time. Lol and at the same consistency. :p reptiles are covered in bacteria although i have never had any problems

bahahahahahahahahahahaha

Whoa, that sounds weird McBoob (hehehhehe boob....) but, i have only done this myself once, and i made sure i was in no contact with the Cloaca incase he decided it was poo time! and i had no ill effects...i hope your eyes get better soon mate!

no i've licked a snake before, dont ask why. not got sick. good luck with the sty.

You should always exercise hygeine protocols after handling any animal, I ALWAYS wash with a hand sanitizer after handling my reptiles. they can transmit Salmonela bacteria as well as a few other strains you don't want transmitted to you.. If you get a reaction around your eyes keep them away from your face, that should have become apparent after your first encounter....

Nope, never had anything wrong with me, I have my spotted around my neck most of the time, nothin has happend.
:lol: Renagade, I did the same thing, but it was for a dare! I got $10 tho :rolleyes:

$10! i ripped myself off, i did it cos it felf good. haha i'll grow up one day.

Come on Ben....McBoob, from the Simpsons !!
Maybe i'm just being a hypocondriac
I always wash up after playing with em but must admit didn't wash my head, lol
Maybe something to keep an eye on in the future
Ren, thats gold......can't say i've licked a snake before......did it taste like chicken ??

Are you sure it's a stye? Unlikely its from your snake in any case.

SALMONELLA OF THE EYE BALL !!!!

i don't wash my hands after herp handling as often as i should. the same goes with dogs tho... and how many children share their ice creams with dogs..

I thought it was a sty first time round which is why i didnt give it a second thought
But now same thing with other eye a few weeks later
I haven't had a sty since i was a kid :?
I know, i know........ i should of known, always told to wash your hands
Just plum forgot about the head end

Now for all you kiddies out there..........wash your head too !! :D

Lol so far I've been lucky with the snake crap.... but she likes to sit in my hair so I'm not looking forward to the day it finally happens, I'm quite hygienic however and have never had any problems with getting sick so far.

i always wash my hands before and after. i am sorta a bit anal about having clean hands. lol. so i have never had any illness from reptiles.

I might be a little over cautious, because I worked as a chef for many years with high hygeine protocols to guard against bacterial infections. I don't think there is much chance of any reptile getting a healthy large sized mammal sick. even if you give it the occasional lick...

Try as I might I cannot get the image of snake licking out of my head......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back