looking for first snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakekid666

Reaction score
hi im jake i have just applied for my reptile license and im looking for my first snake. im getting an enclosure soon but im trying to find a 1 yr old male spotted python at a desent size. any hints on where to find them around port stephens/newcastle area.

Hi Jake. Have you got an enclosure set up for your snake yet? It's really important to get the environment right, or else you will have lots of problems. There's plenty of advice out there and there are some good books which can help you. If you have everything ready and a nice temperature gradient in your enclosure, start looking at the 'For Sale' section on this site and at HerpTrader. We got an adult spotted for my son several years ago (through HerpTrader) and he's been a wonderful pet. Good luck!

no i do not have the enclosure yet but im getting one next weekend. my uncle is giving me an enclosure that he custum made for snakes so its perfect for spotted pythons.but im just looking around for the snakes now.thanks for your help.

hey mate, trust me, get a hatchie so you can learn as it grows, best thing you can do

Hey mate Im also from Newcastle and know a local breeder which has some at the moment Im pretty sure. PM me and I'll send you her detail's. Ive noticed your only new so if you dont know how to PM its as follows!!
Just click on my name BAX155, this will take you to my profile now click on the CONTACT INFO tab and you will see SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO BAX155 click on this and hey presto its as easy as that!!

Getting one at 1 yo isn't recommended if your starting, it's good to start with a hatchy so that you can see how it grows and it can grow up with you so it will be friendly when it's older.

I have/had a fear of snakes and I asked my hubby to buy me a spotted for Mothers day and we got her as a hatchie and I'm sooo glad I did as I have been able to get used of everything slowly... This weekend hubby was asleep and so I went to feed her and when she struck I jumped and the mouse landed infront of the hide went to pick it up (with my tongs) and she kept on having a go... I picked it up and tried again and would you believe when she struck she missed and I let it go and it dropped beside her and she was still going at me, even when I shut the door (she found it 2 sec later just before I was about to wake my hubby to ask him what the heck to do)

So my point is maybe get a hatchie so you can get used of it.... But hey I just a newbie, only had my girl for 3 months now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back