what other hobbys do you have besides herps?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dog training and pet therapy (visiting nursing homes with my dogs). I do both with my own dogs and also teach others.

Scuba Diving, tinkering with cars, going to Rugby League or Supercars.........having drinks with mates and researching my Family History.

Wow some interesting hobbies.
Cricket is my main thing but for the last ten years ive been a Raptor observor. I love Birds of prey and have over 3 albums full of pics that i have taken. Sometimes i will stalk a raptor all day just to get 1 decent shot and use up 5 rolls of film just for that 1 shot. I also like Old world roses which i have been striking for a year now..
Wow im so Hardcore..........

Attachments

• Black shoulder kite -1.jpg
    Black shoulder kite -1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Black shoulder kite juv -15.jpg
    Black shoulder kite juv -15.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Brown Falcon 2.jpg
    Brown Falcon 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Little eagle 1.jpg
    Little eagle 1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 30
i go body boarding when ever the chance comes around but mum wont take me him winter :( um...photography...parkour...running...canyoning...bushwalking stuff outdoors etc!!! i used to be into a fair bit of modeling of war planes, tanks and stuff (had about 30 planes at one stage) but got rid of em!
yea.....

Golf, motorbikes.

Cant beleive im the only member so far who plays golf as a second hobby :] .

Golf's not a hobby voodoo, well not to me anyway. Golf is my religion! FORE!

One hobby I enjoy now was once my trade, Metal Fab. Now I do it for fun not cash.

I have a few hobbies.We have aviaries and I really love handraising the babies. I also enjoy tabletennis, camping & martial arts. Jess, those cakes are absolutely beautiful! I am soo jealous!

working on cars, playing guitar, drinking rum, skydiving, snorkelling, beer, random things at random times, Candice lol

old falcon, a motocrosser, a few RC planes and bromeliads and i coach cricket and footy

Always wanted to be an artist painted and sketched alot, but got a job so Play WoW and Collect Herps now.

Wow some interesting hobbies.
Cricket is my main thing but for the last ten years ive been a Raptor observor. I love Birds of prey and have over 3 albums full of pics that i have taken. Sometimes i will stalk a raptor all day just to get 1 decent shot and use up 5 rolls of film just for that 1 shot. I also like Old world roses which i have been striking for a year now..
Wow im so Hardcore..........

Way hardcore! :lol:;)

I love birds of prey too. We have a pair of sea-eagles who nest right near my office and I could watch them for ages just circling over the ocean. Its so amazing watching them fish!

We also have friends nearby who have a pair of Australia kestrels nesting in their backyard. They have a chick who had a gammy leg and they help him out by occasionally feeding him. You can stand on the edge of the cliff in their yard with a piece of meat on your palm and you will see him circle lower and lower and finally he will snatch the piece of meat from your hand without even touching your skin. Their sense of perspective and distance is so spot-on. "Eyes like a hawk" as my husband says... :rolleyes:

dog training and pet therapy (visiting nursing homes with my dogs). I do both with my own dogs and also teach others.

Where do you do that Susan? Just by yourself? Or do you do it through an organisation? Our Lab is now nearly 4 and is calming down a bit now that her "puppy days" are behind her. I would be very interested in doing it down the track...

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't often run into other people who have an interest in paddling, I used to do a bit down at Penrith though don't get out in a boat too much these days. I'm assuming you paddle at Nymboida looking at where you are and you probably know Anita if your teaching it at a local high school?
Yep I know Anita, I paddled in the same era as her son Kelvin. She's down at Great Lakes though which is a good few hours from here.
I'm not a teacher - I just volunteer as the teacher who was the coach just retired and they have noone else.
I've been paddling since 1996, mainly at Nymboida. Have only paddled Penrith a few times - I gave up competition not long after it was finished as everything moved down there and it became too expensive.

Last edited:
Mainly sewing, i make alot of kids clothes and sell them, but that has been put on the back burner as my younger brother is a bit emo and wanted me to make him a long black coat, now i am setting up a website to sell them as he's had 15+ people ask him where he got it from.

Other then that fishing, reading, knitting (i only knit when pregnant lmao), online games

I'm doing uni full time by DE and have a three year old daughter so I don't have too much time for anything else.
I am an Astronomy buff though and at times go out and help as a guide at the observatory here, which is always fun.
And I am trying to learn to play guitar...which isn't going well at all

Build and fly giant scale R/C aircraft. 40% scale aerobatic planes are my main passion and competing in the Australian imac events. ( Scale Aerobatics ) 3w all the way!!

Drawing, of course. My avatar and everything is drawn. Umm. I love anything morbid. My boss has a coffee (coffin) table i want.
Otherwise, i LOVE taxidermy. But only when i know the background of how the animal was harvested. I hate the idea of fur farms etc. If i cant get proof on how it was killed i dont buy it.
And Listening and learning about anything Metal music, yay. Stalking bands does pay off if you approach them right. Im going to go to Syd sometime to meetup. Wooo!!!!

i did collect living dead dolls but got to 130 and said enough is enough

Awesome! I stopped at 2. $70 ea is just too much for my wallet. Hehehehe
If ever u wanna sell tho.....................haha

Fish keeping and breeding, Fauna rescue, Collecting and reading books on reptiles and orchids, drinking Cooper's Pale, catch and release fishing, Blah,blah, etc.,.,.,.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back