Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skakavacjakovac

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Anaway i was hanging around a group of people in the GC hinterland on the weekend when all of a sudden this big RBBS came out in the middle of a kiddies Put Put course...You could imagine all the parents going berzerko with all these little kids around!!:shock::shock: Now there were a few dads acting pretty tuff with golf sticks after thier wives were sending them in to do battle against this Big RBBS. Now i am not one for handeling big wild vens without proper equip,, but the only way i was going to save this guys life from ego pumped dads is if i got him out of there!! Now i couldnt get my hands on any bags of anysort so that only left me with one option for the relocation. The only reason i am posting this story & pic is i wanted to share how beutifull this one was with people who realy appriciate these beutifull creatures...(not interested in your ethics or technichal rubbish,,you werent there!)i dont think i have seen a big wild RBB in such good nick in a long time.. He must have been having a great time with all the frogs around!! Was about the 2m mark & not a mark on his body, beutifull rich couour & very robust & very very strong. The pic is a phone pic & is a shame cuz everything looks dull in the pic,,,Even the insanley green grass in the background looks dull in the pic...I am waiting for an email with a few more detailed shots & if you wanna see them i will post them.

Attachments

• 02082008441.jpg
    02082008441.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 377
You done the right thing mate good work. I hate when i talk about my herps and people say why would you keep them horrible things.

Lucky you were there otherwise it probably be one dead RBB.

No rubbish from me about not relocating the snake since moving it was better then a dead snake.

Please!!! More pics! Well done!

Well done mate. If you dont mind me asking, how did you catch it? Did you pin its head with your hand? (just incase i need to relocate one myself one day..lol)

Cheers..:D

Thats a good size RBBs, very nice. And well done for saving him.Its lucky u were there !!!!!

well done, my parents manage a caravan park and someone come up to the office asking for a shovel cause there was a RBBS down the back so i come down stairs to move it by the time i got down their they had cut its head off i was so angry with them, a week later i heard about someone killing a hatcling diamond python in my park aswell i gave that guy a serve!!!

Looks like a nice sized animal in good condition. Where did you put it?

R b b s

well done mate ! it's a shame the general populous are of the opinion that a good snake is a dead snake ! they NEED to be educated that the only good cat is a dead one !

That's a beautiful red belly mate, well done on the save. It's unfortunate that a good portion of people still live with the old "The only good snake is a dead snake" attitude.
'
Also unfortunate that the last big red belly like that I saw was a little splattered by a car, my brother found it near his house and brought it over to show us.

OOpsss i forgot to ad that tid bit of cool info on what i used......Renagade & hallie, Believe it or not i used the closest thing i could to a snake hook....A golf putter!!! hehe...bit unorthodox i know,,but its all i could get,, i usually keep a hook & a bag in my defender but was in the misses car that day!! always the way isnt it!!,, funnyley enough it was nearly death by golf putter for this guy but i managed to use one to work him, pin him & then save him..

& Sdaji,,, just took him about 80m away on the other side of a little pictureesque dam full of frogs...I haset a guess he will be back to the put put terain soon enough though,, nice little warm concrete patches for warming up there!!

As soon as i get those pics ill put them up.

Thanks all for your coments thusfar.

OOpsss i forgot to ad that tid bit of cool info on what i used......Renagade & hallie, Believe it or not i used the closest thing i could to a snake hook....A golf putter!!! hehe....
I thought you would ove used a golf putter to pin it's head....lol

& Sdaji,,, just took him about 80m away on the other side of a little pictureesque dam full of frogs...I haset a guess he will be back to the put put terain soon enough though,, nice little warm concrete patches for warming up there!!

Glad to hear you didn't move him far enough to be a problem :) Hopefully he was upset enough by your head grabbing etc that he'll try to keep away from people from now on... we can hope.

Yeh,,well...Sdaji i wasnt really in the mood for handeling him like that,,,trust me he was pretty peeved with humans by the time i got there,,,it was a pretty cold winters day(QLD standards hehe,,18deg) but he wasent showing that he was cold...he moved like a 30deg summer day!! There was just no other way...tried to balance him out with two golf clubs,,but he just wasent going to play ball,,pardon the pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back