The case of the Lonely Tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali.DeLeeuw

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a tank which is getting lonely.

It is 1.8m long, 50 cm high, 35 cm wide tank. I bought it cheap, hence the odd dimensions. I guess it was used for fish.

I was planning on putting my Dunnarts in there, but I might not as they're happy in their current home - and the small tank is good for taming them. Still considering.

So I'm wondering what I could put in there, given it's extreme narrowness.

Don't worry, this is not a case of mindlessly buying any creature to fit a tank, rather than buying the tank for the creature... I'm just exploring my options. :)

I've noticed people on this site keep the smaller monitors in tanks this long, but would the width mean not a good home for these creatures?

thats a standard width and height aquarium mate,for smaller monitors thats fine,maybe a tad narrow for ridgeys though for my liking,but good for raising young ones,i keep gillens and storrs in aquariums of that width and height,heres some pics,first up is my storrs pair mating today,there 3rd day in a row,there mating like crazy,so gentle and calmly to,male doesnt even have to hold the girls neck,2nd pic is there tank,90 cmx35cm wide by 45 cm high,last pic is the gillens tank,same height and width as the storrs,though 120 cm long

theres lots of small dragons and skinks that would thrive in that sized aquarium

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 69
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.