New to forum

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs4d

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
My names shona and this is all a new experience for me.:) I am currently awaiting my licence before getting my first snake(hopfully a spotted python).

Im hoping to gain some knowledge from you all and look forward to chatting with you all at some stage.:)

welcome to the forum
lots of great people on here who are really helpful when it comes to reptiles

good luck with ur new intrest in reps and post pics when u get ur 1st lil fella!

lana

Welcome to APS :lol:

I was planning on getting a Spotted Python for my first snake as well, but when I went to pick one out, they were all really snappy. So I settled for a Chidrens Python and he/she has been the best natured little snake. I've had him/her for about 3 1/2 months now and I've only been bitten once and it was my own fault.

Thanks for the welcome.

I have noticed that there seems to big a big difference in prices from one store to another I am looking at getting mine from Everything Reptile has anyone else brought from simon?
I want to make sure I get it from a breeder with a good name.

Any advise what to look for in hatchlings and juvies when purchasing?
Thanks shona

Yeah, that's where I got my little guy from. Simon is great and will answer all your questions. I'm also having him make my new enclosure and I should have it in about 2-3 weeks time. I found his prices to be the best around here. Pet shops will charge a lot more but I personally wouldn't buy a snake from a pet store. Not saying that there'd be anything wrong with them, but I prefer to buy direct from someone like Simon.

If you purchase from Simon you shouldn't have any problems at all. I would ask to see the feeding and shedding record to see how often the snake is feeding and what it is feeding on. Ask to handle the snake and make sure it's not wheezing or making any noise when it breathes. It should be alert and it's skin should be smooth. There's a great little book that I think Simon sells on Keeping Childrens Pythons which covers all the basic things you need to know. You can also pick it up on ebay as well.

Cant say too much about Simon's Snakes... But I buy food from him.....

He is always pleasant and helpful..... I would only assume he is like that with buyers of snakes too...

And he is generally well priced....

Thanks for the feedback on simon, I was a bit worried about buying from a pet store they dont seam that interested in the snake just the money:x been new to the whole snake thing I was going around asking questions like ya do and everyone said the oppersit to the last one.

Thanks for the tip on the book jewly I have got a copy thankyou.

i too am new

I too have only just joined, i bought my first python about 3weeks ago a spotted python called spot. He has only bitten me once and yes it was my own fault i went to pick him up, he was on his warming mat and i had very cold hands i dare say he did not like that at all. Spot is a year old and my kids love him. I am hoping that if I have any issues i can get advise from people on here who has had the same problems and knows how to deal with them. Thank everyone:D

Hello and Welcome to APS (I know that I'm a little late with the welcoming)

A spotted python is a good first snake, the first snake that I got was a Stimson Python - There's alot of usefull information and resources on this forum to help you with everything you need for when your new addition arrives. I must warn you! Reptiles are addicted and you wont want to stop at 1 ;)

Thanks for the feedback on simon, I was a bit worried about buying from a pet store they dont seam that interested in the snake just the money:x been new to the whole snake thing I was going around asking questions like ya do and everyone said the oppersit to the last one.

Thanks for the tip on the book jewly I have got a copy thankyou.

I had the same problem when I first got into reptiles. Everyone was giving me a lot of conflicting information but after doing a bit of research you soon get to know when people know what they are talking about. I also go out to Pet City at Mt Gravatt and I find them really good usually and they have a good range of animals and products.

Well the licence arrived and we picked up my little spotty today:D He is so cool I could sit there for hours just watching him:?? Im not sure what sex it is and im not worried either at this stage. The kids have called him Noodle:)

Will put up some pics soon im just letting him settle in and get comfortable.

It has begun. It's like a drug, you'll never be able to just stop at one. I started with a stimson's and its just snowballed from there :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back