Mega Ray M.V Lamps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Hi All,

Looking for some feedback on the Mega Ray 100-160W self-balasted M.V lamps.
I've read the blurbs on the Net and just wondering what others think? I'm considering these for some small monitors; any advice much appreciated,

cheers,

I.V

Hi All,

Looking for some feedback on the Mega Ray 100-160W self-balasted M.V lamps.
I've read the blurbs on the Net and just wondering what others think? I'm considering these for some small monitors; any advice much appreciated,

cheers,

I.V
There meant to be the best MVB in America. So I'd go with one, I would be using one if I could get my hands on one ;)

By a strange coincidence I've been trying to order some of these this afternoon! They can be obtained direct from source, and even with postage cheaper than the local distributor (Animal Attraction). Buy a ouple and they work out about the same as other MVL ie OzBrights. My hassle has been the link to Paypal does not seem to be working, so i may have to phone the USA:

http://www.reptileuv.com/

Paypal now working and I've ordered 2x100watts and 2x160watts which works out $121 cheaper than Animal Attraction.....

Spill the beans Bob, where did you order them from ?

You could probably order them through an electrical wholesaler too.

Ive heard the lamps are the goods..;)

Hi I.V.
I use Mega Ray 160W – To my knowledge Mega Ray are the only ones I have found with a dispersion lens. The result is a consistent UV spread across the spot – the other U.V. lamps will have high and low UV patches (ie. Pant UV lights – or the other brands on the market) Also be warned – some UV lamps have a photo of a lamp with a lens – but does not have the lens.

Also Mercury Vapor are the only laps that give both heat and light (Heat and UVB is required for synthesis of vitamin D3)

You can get Mega Ray globes from Animal Attraction
http://animalattraction.com.au/Intro3.html

And be aware that if buying from overseas you can save money, but if the bulbs are broken in transit you will have no chance whatsoever getting them replaced, whereas im sure if you bought them from Matt at animalattraction with his awesomeness he would replace them for you if they were deemed cactus in transit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back