southern leaf tailed gecko pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pics, what do you do for work? or was that when you went outside?

pull sides of mountains down................partly anyway.
i work in a section of the rta that looks after the sandstone cuttings on the side of the road, hence why we constantly come across little fellas like this.
these were found on a slope stabilisation project currently underway on the pacific hwy at cowan.

find much else at work or just them. do you ever find dead ones?

not so much now.....too cold
but we do come across are fair variety of reptiles
heaps of different skinks, blueys, water dragons, geckos and the like
diamonds quite often big specimens, little tree snakes, browns, red bellies around the creeks and culverts. Couple of the fellas up there said they seen a death adder in march, but I didn't see it.
every now and then we comes across the broad headed snake in the berowra/brooklyn area, very pretty little fellas and quite easy for the inexperienced to confuse as a diamond, trust me, i've seen twits trying to pick em up.

lucky to find hoplocs, how do you find these herps, like do you move a lot of rock or something? everytime I see them removing the sandstone ridges for the roads to go through, it makes me think how much fauna would get killed in the process

lucky to find hoplocs, how do you find these herps, like do you move a lot of rock or something? everytime I see them removing the sandstone ridges for the roads to go through, it makes me think how much fauna would get killed in the process

yes, we remove loose/hazardous rock and other features from the cuttings/slopes etc.
makes me wonder sometimes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back