enclosure pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael555

Reaction score
hey guys

just wanted to see what other peoples enclosures are looking like these days

doesnt have to be a snake can be anything snakes, crocs, lizards, frogs, turtles anything

just want to see em

hey michael,

I posted our new enclosure not too long ago, but am more then happy to show it again. it's made from pine, for our almost 9 foot Proserpine.

Attachments

• prossy-30-07-08a (Medium).jpg
    prossy-30-07-08a (Medium).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 181
sneakypete, the little tank underneath, that wouldn't be its hide box would it. It's an awesome enclosure you've built

yes pete, how did you make that backing. i think i have another project coming up :D i love that hide idea.

hey sneakypete how did you make that backing

The back is lots of different sized pieces of polystyrene foam glued onto the board then picked at, cut, melted into shapes resembling rock. Then it is coated with a mixture of bondcrete and cement for a tough ultra hard rock like finish (2xcoats), then painted with some earthy colours and finally I brushed bondcrete over the whole thing and then sprinkled sand over it to give the texture of sandstone. Looks great but is ALOT of hard work and many hours.

For more detailed instructions and other ideas of how to do it, do a search "fake rock background" or similar on this site. I think a guy called Caveman on this site put up some very detailed instructions that I copied.

Hope this was helpful

Good luck

Heres our First and latest creation:
2008_0213extraz0012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back