Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone posted some pics of their coastal that they were selling, and i have some q's about them.

1. how big do they grow?

2. are they aborial?

3. what size enclosure do they need?

4. are they a good snake, (are they placid)?

5. who keeps them on here? any pics?

here is some pics of the 1 that was being sold!

1. Theygrow around 6-8 foot, but 10-12 foot has been recorded.

2.Yes

3.Adults need a tall enclosure. Around 5-7 foot tall.

4.They are a good snake, but they are very large, and sometimes can have a temper.

5.I keep them, and so do many other memberson APS. Pics:
P6140122.jpg

P6150123.jpg

P6140121.jpg

P7270098.jpg

I would also like to say this prticular snake is for sale, if you are interested have a look here:
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/for-sale-snakes/beautiful-costal-carpet-python-88697

hi i feed mine once a week every friday but mine are only bout 5 months old

Hey ssssmithy how old are your Coastals in your 1st post?
Cheers.

the coastals in my first post vary between 2 years old and 5 years old... 5 year of being the bigger one in the last picture.

and to gonff.... juvys should be fed weekly. i tend to feed mine every 5 days as juvinelines but its up to you how often and what size you should be feeding.

juvy coastals will take big food items so a small weaner once a week is ideal.. having the fur and developed bones and stomach content is key, imo, to help growing nice big healthy snakes, bit more nutricious then pinkies as such. but once again thats imo lol im sure there are alot of other people who think different.
smit

depending on the size and wether or not you intend to breed,either once or twice a fortnight.
my adaults are feed every 2 weeks but they are a good size for breeding all around the 4kg mark. for the up and coming sub adaults every week.

so if i were going to get a small juvie coastal, i would feed it on weaner every week?

No no....you would feed it pinkies..... not weaners for a long time yet, feed it weekly like each monday or something but they can go for prolonged periods so don't worry if they don't eat once or twice.

i was talking about small weaner mice not rats by the way. but yeh id either feed a juvy on pinky rats or velvet mice. depending on the age and size of the snake that is. dont worry about it looking like it wont handle it either...snakes can eat big food items. i have my 7month old spotted pythons on lsmall velvet rats lol.

IMG_1609.jpg

This is my girl, bred by Jan. She's about a year and a half old now, eating a ~50g rat every week. She's about 100cm and 350g herself. Very chilled out.

DSC00391.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

my 19 month old Coastal called Myron ... he's only tiny, less then 70cm long?!?! If anyone can fill me in on how a coastal can be that small at his age (and apparently eating weaner rats too??) I'd love to know. He doesnt want to eat anything either, but since i've only had him 3 weeks i'm not too worried ... yet :shock: OK I'm worried.

DSC00340.jpg

this is my 6 1/2 foot long Nibbles, who is hopefully going to lay some eggs this year :D

This is my girl, bred by Jan. She's about a year and a half old now, eating a ~50g rat every week. She's about 100cm and 350g herself. Very chilled out.

That's got to be one of the nicest coastals I've seen in a long time. Very nice :)

thats a stunning snake Kathryn,love the markings and colouring.Cheers

Here is our 2 coastals they are so beautiful in colour IMO
newcoastal002.jpg

coasty013-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back