Know Your Morphs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not Jungles! Yuck! :lol: Certainly no Jungles at my place. No Carpets at all! Horrible things! :lol:

I think I had Tiger Snakes in mind when putting the colours on, but they're basically 'generic' snakes.

I suppose I could put a melanistic one in :)

Emzie: I've played with blue-eyed leucistics. I posted a picture of myself holding a blue-eyed leucistic Ball Python last year. They don't get me too excited (although a BEL Death Adder would be awesome! :D ).

My fiance wont touch my snakes either. can i buy copies of those pics?

Hmmmm - I could almost use those drawings for my snake classes at school next Friday. I have a section called "Mutants" (kids like the word mutant better than morph) where I discuss albinos. My year 10s might handle it, but most of the year 7s are not ready to understand axanthics, snows or leucistics. They just want to look at the lovely pythons (sorry Sdaji, I'm pythonmum after all) and have a pat.

Year sevens should be able to grasp the concept of snows. It's just a combination of albinism (taking away the black) and axanthism (taking away the colours) leaving a white snake. Axanthism is no more complex than albinism. Leucism is just a trait which prevents all skin pigments from being there.

Year sevens should be able to grasp the concept of snows. It's just a combination of albinism (taking away the black) and axanthism (taking away the colours) leaving a white snake. Axanthism is no more complex than albinism. Leucism is just a trait which prevents all skin pigments from being there.
True, but you have to have time to explain it! I have albino and het Darwins so they can get that sorted out while looking at the animals and hopefully understand the basic punnet square. Could go on to axanthic (same thing, different pigment) but I also need to cover basic biology of snakes and facts about responsible pet snake ownership, plus allow time for pats and quizzes (with jelly snakes for good scores). The hour goes very quickly! The year 10s are good for explaining the different pigments plus evolution. They've had basic genetics, so it makes more sense to them.

Fair enough, you don't want to dwell on colour mutations for too long if you only have an hour :) I wouldn't try to explain the punnet square to them. For some reason people take ages to get the hang of it.

:shock:
uhuh..............

I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!
i must stay in school lol

:shock:
uhuh..............

I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!
i must stay in school lol
Hey Whisper - come to my Science class and I'll explain it using pictures and real animals. It's always more fun with the real thing!

BethydajiHerpMorphs-1.jpg

I think i am past the helping stage lol.
But the pictures sound tempting... then theres the animals!

: )

Perfect Sdaji - now it's ready to drop into my PowerPoint!

I'll come to one of your classes :D

And that's a pretty good drawing Sdaji, I'm still drawing snakes as just sqiggley lines with two triangles coming out of one side. AND I learnt something today. Who needs school when you've got forums

I was kidding, but if I used it, I'll cut off the leucistics. Maybe you should put your 'signatures' on the other side - or perhaps a watermark... This little drawing is getting more complicated by the minute!

Can I have permission to set it as a background on my monitor? If you say no i wont do it promise

Punnet squares are easy, I got the hang of them really fast too :D Great drawing Sdaji and Beth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back