SMS Text Language

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's lazy not to use the correct spelling. Shortening Romeo to Rmeo for example, it's only an 'o', how hard is it just to type Romeo for gods sake! And arguement to argument, if you're going to type such a long word anyway you might as well put the 'e' in and spell it correctly.
If people learned how to type properly in the first place they would realise they could type the full word just as quickly as the abbreviated one.

It's the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I am not saying I’m the best speller in the word, but I have a dictionary.

I no a lot a ppl will be say’n kool!!!! Dats G8. What are they teaching in school these days??????

I think it's lazy not to use the correct spelling...And arguement to argument, if you're going to type such a long word anyway you might as well put the 'e' in and spell it correctly.
If people learned how to type properly in the first place they would realise they could type the full word just as quickly as the abbreviated one.

LOL 'argument' IS the correct spelling!!! When you change it from 'argue' you drop the extra 'e'. :lol: That is the point - there is so much misspelling, perhaps we should just accept it and award marks for it!

"The entire works of Shakespeare and John Milton have already been re-written in mobile phone text language." I mean, was this not a giveaway that it was satirical?

NB 'Chav' is the British equivalent of 'bogan' so they are using quotes from a "Professor of Boganology". Other articles on the page also refer to "Supreme, Unelected Leader, Comrade Gordon Brown" and the loss of the entire Dutch Olympic team in Beijing due to poor visibility from the pollution!

Yeah sorry I got that one wrong. :oops: I misread the link, or didn't read it properly......
I think they were actually saying instead of argument, change it to arguement.
And I just got all carried away with it. I should have followed my instincts, when I was typing it I thought 'argument doesn't have an 'e' after the 'u'. But I did it anyway!

What's even sadder is that you guys don't know satire if it whacks you in the face :lol:

+1

Surely there has to be more than just myself and Hetty here, that realise what's actually going on :rolleyes:
I sure hope no one's ever used TheDailySquib as a reference in their school assignments.

I love how people are already at each other's throats over this article :D

It's the most absurd thing I have ever heard. I am not saying I’m the best speller in the word, but I have a dictionary.

I no a lot a ppl will be say’n kool!!!! Dats G8. What are they teaching in school these days??????

If you have dictionary, you may want to look up how to spell the word 'people'.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Eh.. The only time i find this stupid way of spelling acceptable is when you have your 18th birthday party coming up and you have to send a 3 page SMS to each person invited... ahaha!! What a waste of money because I'm too lazy to print out real invites. =)

But apart from that, its disgusting and everybody practicing such things should be.. put down? ;)

This is kinda a bit of topic but can kinda relate

My sister an I reakon that people should learn brail (especially people who do lots of speachesetc) so that instead of constantly looking down at their notes/script they can keep constant eye contact with the people who their talking to.

My sister an I reakon that people should learn brail (especially people who do lots of speachesetc) so that instead of constantly looking down at their notes/script they can keep constant eye contact with the people who their talking to.

Wow.. that'd be really cool for someone who is in the public eye often and sucks at speeches.. haha!

Um... What's brail?

Labour ministers say that everyone in England and Wales is now guaranteed an A+ mark in all exams.

That made it pretty obvious, even if you managed not to pick up on the picture immediately :p

It's pretty disturbing that language skills have degraded so far that many people would now take that page seriously.

I don't see it as efficient at all, its just pathetic and lazy. It's not hard to understand proper grammar!

I understand people will go to new extremes with abbreviations with text messages due to being busy or for whatever reason but I'm endlessly receiving PM's and reading posts where people just can't be stuffed. Also, when people capitalise every beginning letter of every word..... *sighs*

Thats my rant

Last edited:
I think he meant braille ;)

Yeah, you know what i meant, I've got a head cold, give me some slack :) . Joshua it is basically little bumps in paper that are letters etc that allow visually impaired people to read. just google it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back