green tree python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I would prefer a blue snake over a yellow, especially a nice vibrant green snake with a strong blue dorsal mark. Thats why I bought her. I like the yellow she has now but I can't wait to see what blue shows up! All are awesome but for me you can't beat the blue!

Depending on where you purchase them they can be anywhere from $300 to $10000 (for the different morphs). You never know you may pay 300 for a gtp and it could turn out better than the 10 grand one!

That's it, never really considered them due to seeing such high prices, but maybe I should look a bit deeper:shock:. But thats how niave I am, did not even know they had blue on them.

From what I have read It doesn't look like you will get a gtp for less than 3000 and I believe since you can't import snakes, your native gtp don't have blue on them, I believe the mixture of green white and yellow are your choices. Couldn't be sure though so If you do get one with blue I'm sure that one would sell for a decent car.

If you have a look at URS site (ultimate reptile supplies) you'll see they have one of the best blue around. Prbably much betterthen the american stuff. Alot of GTP's avalible in aust will have some blue or yellow or white scales. I personally think it's discusting (they're the one that we're imported before it was stopped some ten years ago). The aussie one though.. now THEY are a GTP to die for.

Nikki, on your second and fourth picture, the snake looks greenish, perhaps it is changing colour now. The west Papuan and Biak GTPs are generally bigger than the rest, so the colour change may happen later.

Nikki,
there is a blue and there is a blue. Our native adult females (and others probably too?) turn blue.....ish, sometimes quite blue after second or third clutch. That is a hormonal colour change.
The true blue or blue markings are different to that and they DO coccur in our native GTPs. Perhaps not so much overall blue or geometrical markings but rather blue blotches. These blotches can be quite large, very distinct and they don't fade into the surrounding green colour.

haha today she is more green and her lines are turning a light purple on their way to blue...I think me mentioning it reminded her that she needs to change her color... haha
Yes most or all other localities can turn hormonal blue
I'm not quite sure why no-two assumes that the australian is better than the american kind. They all originated from the same place, and in any given clutch you can have awesome looking snakes (majority opinion of awesome) and mediocre looking snakes that includes aussie snakes not everything here is bad, a lot of people love the blue not sure why having blue would make a snake disgusting though......

Nikki,, there is no such thing as "American kind". They are all from south east Asia and Aus.
None are better than others, the only difference is, if you breed Aus natives, they are not as variable as the others and you can expect a great deal of colour and pattern consistency. That's all!
Your snake is beautiful.

Thanks i know there is no american kind I just read it everywhere about us and our breeding kind of looked down upon.... anyway my opinion I love the aussies they are nice but I like the bright blue in some of the other localities

Nikki, you know the words 'envy', 'jealousy', and 'stupidity' don't you? I'll teach another ausie word - YOBBO
Be assured that his www is full of them.
If you're unfamiliar with this "title", look up the dictionary or you can start a new thread: "what / who is a yobbo"?
I'll open up a box of popcorn......

haha no thanks the grass is always greener on the other side but since I can't reach it i'll just ignore it and pretend mine is the greenest. or something like that. Maybe I should open the box of popcorn more people reply to controversial topics like that. Looked up yobbo interesting wonder how it originated in the first place, slang for the most part never makes any sense.
Anyway I'll have to show you pics of her when she gets in full force already it's completely noticeable unlike when I started this thread I couldn't even tell. I'll show you after two weeks she is going to look crazy like she woke up on the wrong side of the branch

Bumping so I don't lose this thread again. You snake is AMAZING. I love it's eyes, how the line pattern goes right through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back