EB fang pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This fella met an unfortunate demise when a some hero decided he would catch this snake by himself and put into a pillowcase using a broom.:rolleyes: Forgetting the fact he put himself in danger, he managed to damage the snake internally and it later died. :(
Anyhow, here are a couple of pics of the poor guys fangs etc, just thought some may be interested.
Cheers
Tan
deb1.jpg

deb2.jpg

deb3.jpg

deb4.jpg

deb5.jpg

deb6.jpg

well that kinda sucks. :(

cant believe people approach venemous snakes,...what a moron.

Poor little brown,i seen a nice 3foota yesty,my dogs nearly got biten,i seen them looking acquisitive at something til i caught up to them,i chained the dogs up while i had a quick look,then it slid off into thick grass.Lovely light brown.

It'd be good to see how large their fangs are when fully grown, these guys have tiny fangs in comparison to most other elapids right?

Great pics, love the second one. Did you take it?

Last year i got called for a tiger snake in a garden bed,
when i drove up the drive i noticed a guy leaning an a shovel which was in the garden.
A few other people were milling about as well.

He had been "holding" the snake since he rung me on the mobile.
(about 20 minutes) .
After taking the shovel from him and off the snake and
he ran away saying the snake was still alive, which it was.

Only problem was that the back had been broken and the snake was paralised from the injury down.

I usually try to make these rednecks feel bad and guilty when i tell them i have to kill the snake because of the injuries
and it makes me feel a bit better when i see some
guilt or sorrow on their faces.

Yeah, i don't think they feel any responsibility towards the snake - just an inconvenience to them and want it gone generally. I often say "well what would you do if it was a koala?" "Hold it down with a shovel etc etc.." Usually gets the message across, lol.

And yes Baz, I took the pics myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back