Persuasion to Parents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coluberconstricter

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My parents are divorced but only like a kilmometre away from each other (3-5mins)
Really want a snake because people say easy pet to have because only feed once a week or so.
Im not sure how i should say i want a snake >.<

I have:
2 cats
4 Chickens i think
Both cats too lazy, they just sit on heater duct lol:?

Anyone else had same problem? if so please share

i was so lucky to have a Mum who dont mine snakes. she is happy to get em out when im out. Just ask her lol not much all more u can do

He says he doesnt really admire the fact that it is locked away in small area and hand feed frozen mice...>.<

REALLY WANT A SNAKE!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

About that Hsut...Well i swap houses every 2 days and some chickens died and i used to have 5, dont really go outside and check on them, bit boring for me, usually dad feeds them

Dog died 4 or so weeks ago anyway :( :( :(

Yeah I am currently living at home, the rule here is, no snakes while your in this house. But i can get one, just i would have to hide the mice or rat feedings from them, and the snake. as my sister has had many pet mice.

Probably dont get a snake for the 'ease' of keeping.....
But if thats written wrong and you dont want one just because you only have to feed it once a week then become a master of persuasion. Plus a fair bit of begging can help.

: )

i want a snake because i love them as a friend, they are so chilled out and just slide around your shoulders etc:D

love them climbing around me aswell..

About that Hsut...Well i swap houses every 2 days and some chickens died and i used to have 5, dont really go outside and check on them, bit boring for me, usually dad feeds them

Dog died 4 or so weeks ago anyway :( :( :(
IMO Chickens are much more lively than a snake.

Can I ask you three serious questions:

1) How old are you?
2) Which state do you live in?
3) Do you have the necessary licenses to keep a snake?

My concerns is that since you stated yourself that your dad feeds all the animals, then it's basically up to him to pick out a snake. It'll be his anyways, there won't be much for you to claim it as your snake, if he's the one disinfecting the enclosure, thawing the mice in advance, etc..

When I had to ask for permission, I just went out and applied for my license. They couldn't say no to that, once I had already made a cheque out to the Licensing people.

*EDIT* well the first two questions have been answered for me. And I'm leaving it at that. I don't know how licensing works in Vic. But I'm assuming it'll have to be under one of your parents name?

Just buy one, I am assuming you would use your own money. Just buy it. set it all up. when Mummy comes home from work, and there is an enclosure with a snake in it, she will get a slight shock, then get over it.
what can they do? Fight the machine. Be a rebel ;)

im 14
Live in Melbourne
and with license only dad needs to sign some thing

And he doesnt feed all animals. if i had a snake, i would do everything for it since i might have it till im about 35 or so. But i will be devoted to it, they have a great "something" about them.

its still about $50 for a year etc.

Reminds me of my situation. Don't stop. haha..

Persistence is the key if they say no, my mum eventually gave in to having a snake in the house- although the license is in my name, not hers.

Find out which one of your parents is easy to convince, do your research, be keen. Parents hate to let their kids down. (apparently) haha

And "cant be stuffed waiting"

I wanted a snake aaages ago. Slammed the door. It was final, not until I was 18 and able to care for it by mySELF.

Snakes don't bond like dogs do as many people know. You said they're easy to look after, that is true but they can also be a bit of a pain if things aren't correct in their enclosure. Best of luck to you and keep that nagging up!!

We need a sticky thread on this, the 'How do I convince my parents to let me keep snakes' topic comes up all the time.

Snakes don't like being held lots. If you want a cuddly pet you're barking up the wrong tree.

hey, my parents are divorced and i basically do everything with my snakes. Im at my mums (where the snakes are) every second week and on feeding day i just get the bus down to my mums and feed and clean everything. The way i did it was to say alot of things that you "want" but know ur parents will say no then go fine can i atleast have a snake GOD your ruining my life lol that worked for me :)

EDIT: Generally (not always) the more you handle it the more it'll wanna bite you because it may stress. Do some/lots of research coluberconstricter, then figure it out if you REALLY want a snake or if it's just a phase, because if you get it and you figure out it isn't the most cuddly of animals and when it latches onto your hand-- you'll be a bit upset and have a nice hole in your wallet. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back