stuff you eat that is considered discusting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tape worms are *******s... Not only do they live in your body, but think they have the right to go ahead and eat the food that YOU took the time to sit down and mung on...

ive eaten glass....was experimenting with different thing a while ago,
not that ide recommend it!...i knew some atlented people!

but foods.... live little crabs....not that unusual though

Well.. Some people think me liking tomato and peanut butter sandwiches is gross, but most of you guys have me beaten hands down.

porcupines, squirrels, slender loris, flying foxes, civet cats, frogs, rats, and everything everyone of u have mentioned except crock (just a matter of time).... For me, if u can eat chicken u can eat any living thing.....

Roo,wallaby,emu,ostrich,goat,ants,venison,piglet,raw eggs all of which are absolutely delicious:) oh and i once stuffed 6 lemon warheads in my mouth at once with no effect on me at all and freaked out my cousin's friend so much that she vomited:lol:

Black pudding is one of my favourite foods. Haggis is awesome and even better with black and white puddings, tatie scones and Jonny Walker Blue for Christamas breakfast.

Mmmm! Although you have to try Cornish Hog's pudding - similar to Irish white pudding but better!

Sdaji, bacon here is all cooked after curing (not sure if it a regulation or just what customers like) but in the UK they do awesome 'green' bacon which is cured but not cooked. You wouldn't want to try that raw, but it's awesome fried! We have actually considered making it but it is impossible to get saltpetre for the curing process!

The main problem with pork in the past was the fear of hydatids, but with all the treatment of meat nowadays, slighty rare pork should provide no real problems provided it is kept safely like any meat served rare.

My grandfather used to marvel at all the native Papua New Guineans eating rare pork without getting sick.

Are you sure you don't mean 'long pig'??? :shock:;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if its been mentioned before but I looove Haggis. When travelling Scotland I loved the people inviting me around for a good traditional feed. Always haggis, nips and black pudding.
Cooked haggis myself when back on the farm a few years ago. Reeked when cooking it as of the stomach being turned inside out and being boiled......very smelly, but tasted joy.

I drew the line at bridies though.......
puke.gif

Other thing I liked was Jellyfish and Crab eggs as an entrée on a cruise ship..yummo!
tongueroll.gif

Pretty sure bacon is cooked in Aust. because of regulation, usually hot smoked.
Raw cured bacon is terrific cooked or raw. Pancetta is raw.
My Nonna makes Italian cured pork cheek called guanciale, Italian suasages and salami, all cured and dried in the cellar under her house. No thermometers, humidity control or fancy stuff.
My Brazilian kitchenhand showed my the traditional way to cook and prepare chicken hearts. If you like chicken liver and haven't tried hearts, do yourself a favour and get some!

Jessb, all black pudding, haggis etc has been put on hold for me since I found out I have a gluten intolerance.:cry:
Oh, and I've had wild boar served med rare at a restaurant too, and I'm still here 10 years later.

My Nonna makes Italian cured pork cheek called guanciale

I tried that for the first time the other day at a great Italian restaurant near us - it was amazing!

My Brazilian kitchenhand showed my the traditional way to cook and prepare chicken hearts.
At the French restaurant in London my husband I worked at, we used to get whole chickens, gizzards and all. The Brazilians kitchenhands would have the hearts, the Polish boys would eat the stomachs and the Chinese kitchenhands would eat the feet!

Jessb, all black pudding, haggis etc has been put on hold for me since I found out I have a gluten intolerance.:cry:
I know some white puddings are made with oats which have low (but some) gluten. Many Asian and some Spanish blood sausages use rice as a binding agent which would be OK for you.

I have bought my husband a sausage stuffer (not as dirty as it sounds) for fathers day so we will be making homemade sausages soon! Getting fresh pigs' blood on the Northern Beaches may be tricky though...

I've eaten Ducks Tongues in China , Cow Brain in Sumatra & a fish eye once at a family dinner to annoy my mother in law.
I'm also partial to little slivers of raw steak.

a guy my brother went to school with used to pull the legs off cicadas and u could hear them croak in his tummy,..

well,..so the story goes, never heard it myself,...

guinne pig, llama, alpaca in peru.

black and white pudding in the uk... that was ****

Last edited by a moderator:
I have eaten crocodile which was really like a tough chicken, Emu, kangaroo, turtle, ox tongue. There all pretty good.

personally i was thinking of giving myself tapeworms to try and lose weight. The best part about eating is the taste of the food. The worms can have it when it gets to my stomach, so long as i don't become fat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back