Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat88

Reaction score
i currently have a nsw reptiles license but i am moving to qld in a few months. do i have to fill out a brand new form when i get to qld?? trying to research now but cant find anything thought someone hear would most likely know
cheers

access qld epa website, down load licence application forms, you will need export licence from nsw, import from qld. and movement orders.
give epa qld a call they will help you if you need it.
cheers.:)
it is not as hard as it sounds. pm me if you want more onfo.

There should be something on the EPA website about that, if not give them a call, they're really helpful
But you'll have to get it before you bring your herps up.

Phone 1300 130 372, choose option 4 for licensing and permits.

thanks guys i only just thought of it last night lol. not moving til january so if i start calling up now shuld have it sorted by then i'd hope.
edit: just looked at the epa qld website on the form it says i can have up to two restricted species, does this mean i can get a pair of womas???!!! if it is im so glad im moving to qld so i dont have to wait two years in nsw as i really want one

thanks guys i only just thought of it last night lol. not moving til january so if i start calling up now shuld have it sorted by then i'd hope.
edit: just looked at the epa qld website on the form it says i can have up to two restricted species, does this mean i can get a pair of womas???!!! if it is im so glad im moving to qld so i dont have to wait two years in nsw as i really want one

Yeap thats right, 2 Womas, or 2 GTP's, or one of each!

I qoute page 9 of 11 /060112
Guideline Wildlife Management- Keeping wildlife privately in Queensland-Conditions and restrictions-Keeping and using controlled, commercial, recreational, restricted or international animals under a recreational wildlife licence.

Recreational Reptiles or Amphibians

All common reptiles other than restricted reptiles are recreational reptiles.

I quote page 10 of 11 /060112

Restricted reptiles or Amphibians

Pseudechis spp
Hoplocephalus spp
Pseudonaja spp
Psuedechis colletti
Austrelaps spp
Acanthopis spp
Rhinoplocephalus nigriscens
Tropidechis carinatus
Oxyuranus spp
Notechis spp

Hydrophiidae

Laticaudidae
... and it goes on about GTP's etc.

I omit that now it is page 12 of 13 /070702 and page 13 of 13 /070702
I just checked the updated version of my hard copy.

And yet, they get into a tiff if you have more than two womas on your rec. licence. Can someone call them, find out what's going on?

And although Eco access have woma's as a rare animal, I have spoken to them and was informed that Womas were not considered a "restricted animal". I had three womas on licence whilst on a recreational licence. Movement advices sent in, processed and no adverse reactions. I have also been told they are currentely being taken of the restricted list in NSW.

Oh ok, i swear i remember reading over my licence when I 1st got it and it said Woma's...
Owell, doesn't bother me, wont be be keeping any lol

Make sure you start your applications way before you move. We moved from QLD to NSW early this year. I had to apply for a new licence (10 working days) and then for an export permiit out of QLD (another 7 working days) and then and import permit into NSW (another 7 working days) I was able to push mine through really quick as I had a week but I wouldn't leave it till the last minute. I Did all my research through the phone I rang the QLD Epa and they gave me NSW number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back