Menacing taipan caught

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiviaL

Reaction score
A ROGUE taipan causing panic at Cooktown, north of Cairns, for many years has finally been bagged when it was spotted at a children's playground on the town's waterfront.

cairns.com.au

Arent there some fantastic pics there.
I had to look through all 143,
Cheers
Adam

I'm beginning to think that Cairns people are taking a shining to reptiles - there's always stories on them in the paper (as though people have never seen a croc or a scrubby before).

Even the other night a teacher friend of mine called me up and said there's a 1 - 2m coastal on the road and he didn't want it to get run over and wanted to know if I'd pick it up and move it for him.

But by time we'd finished the phone call it had moved and was well off the road.

But that wasn't before he had to stop a bloke in his ute and tell him to be careful there's a snake on the road up ahead - apparently the bloke in the ute asked - "Do you want me to run it over for you?" And my friend just rolled his eyes and said "No, I want you to go around it and drive carefully thank you..."

Which must have worked!

The taipan story here seems to be a good one - still a little bit of fear to make it more readable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back