I am horrified

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem isn't awareness or that our government isn't doing anything (Australia) its that we cant not without invading or threatening their governments/s what they do in their country is beyond anybody else's control. as much as it sucks what they do there aint alot we can do about it unless it happens in our territory

Ok, The fur that they are farming there, does get exported, and some ends up in Australia, if enough people send it to every1 they know, hopefully, this will reach the people who do buy fur in Australia, there won't be a market for it, if no1 buys it.

This sort of cruelty is allowed on our own native and sometimes endangered species under tolerance of differant values, IMO we should fix our own country before trying to impose our rightous animal ethics onto others elsewhere.

Animal abuse is part of Chinese culture, you cant just expect them to adopt our values because we dont like what they are doing.

Last edited:
I'm actually not sure how to post since I have never done it before perhaps someone here knows how to post you tube videos

Signed. The sad thing is, a lot of the cats and dogs they kill are stolen pets.

A chinese restaurant in Sydney was found serving cat and dog to their customers a few years back, mislabelling it as chicken and other meats, they were charged but I'm sure there's plenty more Chinese and Korean restaurants throughout Australia that are doing this. I love my cats as much as people here love their snakes, but I personally wouldn't find a problem with people consuming cat and dog if it wasn't for the inhumane ways that they are housed and killed, their lives are worth just as much as any chicken, cow or pig.
Also, if anyone's ever bought those little furry cat or dog figurines from asian stores, it's often mislabelled as synthetic or even rabbit fur, when in actual fact it's cat or dog fur.

Last edited:
Signed.... I'm more of a dog person but would never wish anything like that on any animal. I don't dislike cat it's just I prefer dogs more....
Anyway I hope they put a stop to all this slaughter of animals

I've seen a video like this posted on an mtb forum. It was the most digusting thing I've ever watched. I was one of only a few that got through the whole video. I cannot express the hate I have for people like this.

Signed....

The sad thing is, a lot of the cats and dogs they kill are stolen pets.

A chinese restaurant in Sydney was found serving cat and dog to their customers a few years back, mislabelling it as chicken and other meats, they were charged but I'm sure there's plenty more Chinese and Korean restaurants throughout Australia that are doing this. I love my cats as much as people here love their snakes, but I personally wouldn't find a problem with people consuming cat and dog if it wasn't for the inhumane ways that they are housed and killed, their lives are worth just as much as any chicken, cow or pig.
Also, if anyone's ever bought those little furry cat or dog figurines from asian stores, it's often mislabelled as synthetic or even rabbit fur, when in actual fact it's cat or dog fur.
I understand that its disturbing and cruel.......but look in our backyard in AUSTRALIA and see the types of cruelty ,that we do to so called humane killed animals...ever been to a feed lot? cattle crammed in by the numbers no shelter against the elements ,calves being dropped and left to die,and this is accepted..........ever seen a sheep treated for footrot or mules'd? the ewe which is a young lamb has its skin ripped away, its left bleeding and in absolute agony ,to stop blow fly,, well there has to be a better way then that as I have seen it first hand and they do lose lambs to it as well....we have cruel practices in our own country ...cant start pointing the finger at anyone else ,untill the finger cant be pointed at us .:oops:

The video was the one with them beating the raccoon dogs. Then skinning alive. Its sick, ive watched them all. So i signed the partition.
Also, i have many furs, but i buy off farmers who do animal control, so they were all shot, not farmed. I dont know if that makes me any better in some people's eyes, but foxes and stuff are pest animals, and i wont even buy them if theyve ben trapped or snared......
Animals which are farmed for fur, i would never ever buy. Its just sick how they choose to "harvest" the fur from a animal locked in a cage its whole life....Where's the honour in that??

the problem isn't awareness or that our government isn't doing anything (Australia) its that we cant not without invading or threatening their governments/s what they do in their country is beyond anybody else's control. as much as it sucks what they do there aint alot we can do about it unless it happens in our territory

I disagree. If we stand by and do nothing when we know what's happening, then we are almost as bad as they are. History has shown that when other countries get involved positive changes can be made.

If trade sanctions were imposed on China then it would hurt them financially and it might influence their decision making when it comes to allowing cruelty to animals. I thought the world learned a lesson about turning a blind eye with the holocaust. We have a duty to the animals of the world to stand up and protest cruelty issues.

I would like to thank everybody so much who have signed so far. I am still sitting in shock, and I havent even seen the video. My dog is still pulled tightly up against me on the settee with me, and getting the biggest hugs.

Can I ask, if there is anyone out there who can put this on You Tube for me, if you could do this for me?? I just tried to sus it out on that site, but it looks like the video has to be opened to be able to post it, and I've not got the stomach for it. I would appreciate ANY help anyone mey give.

In answer to those who say "you cant just expect them to adopt our values because we dont like what they are doing", please consider, this: that no, we can't expect them to adopt our values, but hopefully, we can move their consciences enough to HELP them realise what they are doing, and the pain and suffering they are causing. What you are saying is that it's ok to just sit back and let everyone do what they want, and say nothing....doesn't that make us as bad as them then????

Dipcdame in a country like CHINA where HUMAN value is of little concern, look what happend when they were building for the olympics and no one really gave a crap ,,,cause we all supported the olympics ......people were left homeless and not compensated and not really thought about by their own government ......why would you think that they would care about what effects they are doing to animals when like I said they dont care about their own people............

I understand that its disturbing and cruel.......but look in our backyard in AUSTRALIA and see the types of cruelty ,that we do to so called humane killed animals...ever been to a feed lot? cattle crammed in by the numbers no shelter against the elements ,calves being dropped and left to die,and this is accepted..........ever seen a sheep treated for footrot or mules'd? the ewe which is a young lamb has its skin ripped away, its left bleeding and in absolute agony ,to stop blow fly,, well there has to be a better way then that as I have seen it first hand and they do lose lambs to it as well....we have cruel practices in our own country ...cant start pointing the finger at anyone else ,untill the finger cant be pointed at us .:oops:

Agreed. There's a lot of cruelty that goes on in regards to livestock, but most people turn a blind eye to it because they see the animals as food and nothing else so their pain and suffering doesn't matter as much as the pain and suffering of animals such as cats and dogs. There are countries that practice the same or worse cruelty towards animals than China and Korea, plenty of countries. Stopping the export of live sheep from Australia to middle eastern countries should be the first step we take to stopping cruelty to animals. If anyone has seen videos depicting what happens to these poor sheep from the start of their voyage to the moment they are being slaughtered, they'd be just as disgusted, if not more, as when watching the asian videos of cat and dog torture.

Dipcdame in a country like CHINA where HUMAN value is of little concern, look what happend when they were building for the olympics and no one really gave a crap ,,,cause we all supported the olympics ......people were left homeless and not compensated and not really thought about by their own government ......why would you think that they would care about what effects they are doing to animals when like I said they dont care about their own people............

The pooint is here, that if we are all aware of these practices, AND WE STOP BUYING INTO THEIR CRUELTY by buying the products they sell from this, then whats the point of them doing it? If they get no profit from their cruelty, then it will stop. LACK OF DEMAND MEANS NO MARKET EQUALS NO TRADE.
It doesn't MATTER what their attitude to it is, if we stop buying their fur products, they have nowhere to go with these barbaric paractices any more.

so what are you going to do about AUSTRALIA'S cruelty to animals then ....stop buying meat ,stop eating eggs,stop buying wool products and anything else that is of animal product?.........its amazing how double standards can be imposed on issues .........TAKE THE BLINKERS OFF AND IF YOU WANNA START A FREEDOM OF CRUELTY START ONE IN AUSSIE FIRST...........about our animal rights....wether its domestic /farm or native........

Signed. The Chinese never cease to amaze me in their level of cruelty.

so what are you going to do about AUSTRALIA'S cruelty to animals then ....stop buying meat ,stop eating eggs,stop buying wool products and anything else that is of animal product?.........its amazing how double standards can be imposed on issues .........TAKE THE BLINKERS OFF AND IF YOU WANNA START A FREEDOM OF CRUELTY START ONE IN AUSSIE FIRST...........about our animal rights....wether its domestic /farm or native........

I alrealdy will ONLY buy free range chicken, eggs, and pork, as much as it hurts my budget to do so (I am on a pension). There is only so much one can do, perhaps when I have got thiss off the ground, I very well may start something to do with Australian animals..... WILL YOU HELP ME???

WILL ANYONE????

(FOOTNOTE: I am a member of WSPA, for the animals and World Vision, for the children. I used to also belong to Greenpeace and the WWF, but pensions will only stretch so far, and therefore the best I can do is try to spread information like this as much as possible to find as much help as I can. This morning is the START!!)

Last edited:
Petition signed, video not watched. I can imagine what it contains and it sickens me that people like this exist. I don't even eat at or from Chinese or Asian restaurants any longer because of their sadistically cruel attitude towards animals.

I alrealdy will ONLY buy free range chicken, eggs, and pork, as much as it hurts my budget to do so (I am on a pension). There is only so much one can do, perhaps when I have got thiss off the ground, I very well may start something to do with Australian animals..... WILL YOU HELP ME???

WILL ANYONE????

I agree with you Dipc that is partly why I started Redlands Wildlife to try to do my bit to protect local native animals in the Redlands from being wiped out due to habitat destruction at the the hands of money hungry Councillors.

What do you have in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back