stuff you eat that is considered discusting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also turtle hasn't rocked up in these conversations yet. Which seems random to me. I live on Cape York and turtles are killed and eaten up here a lot. i won't eat them. the traditional way of killing them involves turning them on their back and cutting them up alive. besides, their ecology doesn't support much harvesting. I like kangaroo tho, and crocodile is good.
I also like raw mango with soy sauce, and fresh coconut with sugar. Yum... those are popular up here too. don't eat too much raw mango... it gives you the cooma's (run's)

Also turtle hasn't rocked up in these conversations yet. Which seems random to me. I live on Cape York and turtles are killed and eaten up here a lot. i won't eat them. the traditional way of killing them involves turning them on their back and cutting them up alive. besides, their ecology doesn't support much harvesting.

Not too many here are probably into animal cruelty and willing to admit it, how barbaric... I dont see a problem with eating abundant species collected in a responsible and humane way, but eating endangered species in a cruel way shouldnt be tolerated in a country where it is generally a highly illegal activty worth at least a few years jail (apart from racist exemptions).

when I was 3, my mum said that i use to collect garden snails put them in a jar filled with water AND SHAKE N DRINK!...............YUMMO

when i was about 5 i used to love to eat washing powder.............................it just smells so good so it must taste so good!

Also turtle hasn't rocked up in these conversations yet. Which seems random to me. I live on Cape York and turtles are killed and eaten up here a lot. i won't eat them. the traditional way of killing them involves turning them on their back and cutting them up alive. besides, their ecology doesn't support much harvesting. I like kangaroo tho, and crocodile is good.
I also like raw mango with soy sauce, and fresh coconut with sugar. Yum... those are popular up here too. don't eat too much raw mango... it gives you the cooma's (run's)

Do you mean under-ripe mango?
We eat raw mango all the time.

I have bought my husband a sausage stuffer (not as dirty as it sounds) for fathers day so we will be making homemade sausages soon! Getting fresh pigs' blood on the Northern Beaches may be tricky though...
Don't be soft! My Nonna is almost 80 and still cuts the meat and fat by hand, and stuffs it into the skins using half a softdrink bottle as a funnel.
The black pudding i used to get was from a German butcher. Not sure if any other grains were in there but buckwheat was the main cereal. Haven't been round that way for a few years.
Also plan to try morcillas but have never seen it around.

No, you're not unusual for an Australian. Australians are among the least adventurous people in the world when it comes to food. Strangely, Australians generally think that they are quite adventurous.
Would have to agree, most Australians wont touch Eels, which are superb fish.:eek:

I have eaten horse sashimi,dolphin,eel,live prawns,turtle,snake,monkey brains and a few different fish intestines.apart from the monkey,all were nice,once I got over what I was actually eating.Next I want to eat blow fish and ikizakana(basically it is a live fish on your plate and they slice the fish up into raw fish slices while it is still breathing,sounds bad but it is as fresh as you can get and meant to be real nice.

ive seen it all when it comes to disturbing :evil:. but i must admit i like my meat well cooked and for good reason . ive worked in a few slaughter floors and boning rooms .

on one occasion on the slaughter floor a group of newstarters where doing a walk through when one of the undesirables i worked with decided he would cut a foot of gut cord out of the neck of the cow and swing it around in his teeth and chew about half of that and swollow it . one of the newstarters did faint and get carried out never to be seen again .

when you see the amount of cows that come in with massive absuses the size of basketballs it can be hard to eat meat. cant see how people eat offal big bags of cr** .gut bags come in with barb wire ,rocks ,plastic bags . . cook your meat please ! you too Ryan ITS NOT FUNNY:D

Not too many here are probably into animal cruelty and willing to admit it, how barbaric... I dont see a problem with eating abundant species collected in a responsible and humane way, but eating endangered species in a cruel way shouldnt be tolerated in a country where it is generally a highly illegal activty worth at least a few years jail (apart from racist exemptions).

Well i don't know if you've ever been to Cape York, but there is quite a population of the "racist exemptions" that you are talking about. The Torres Straight Islanders and the Aboriginals have been living on dugong and turtle and fish for years and years, and it's not a practice they are willing to give up easily.
Sometimes it's hard to impart ecological views on something so cultural and historical. That's why I said I won't eat turtle though. I just thought in a conversation about eating different things, I might mention that that's common up here with the indiginous people.

turnip breath you would eat crud on a stick if it was rolled in bread crumbs and fried.....being adventurous is onething but being a tip chook is something else..........:s

I ate the eyes out of a pig only 2 weeks ago, they are actually very tasty, they were cooked on a spit roast. They are suprisingly very firm and meaty with triple the pork flavour than any other part. It's my new favorite cut.

turnip breath you would eat crud on a stick if it was rolled in bread crumbs and fried.....being adventurous is onething but being a tip chook is something else..........:s

Crud on a stick isn't something I'd eat, and I don't really like food in breadcrumbs either. Western people turn their noses up at yummy, nutritious food which most of the world would be thrilled to have. I hardly think they qualify as adventurous. I'm impressed with a few of the members here though! :)

I'm a tip rat, not a tip chook. I called myself as a scavenging monkey while salvaging wood from the local tip, and I was told off for using incorrect terminology :lol: It's tip rat, I have it on good authority from the proud, veteran tip rats! So far I'm just an apprentice rat :lol:

Also plan to try morcillas but have never seen it around.

Dunno where you live, but Torres Deli in Sydney has some great chorizo, morcilla and jamon. it is next door to Capitan Torres which does some great tapas and sherrry!

Along time ago, an Australian gentleman who was my then boss was invited to dine with us at a local food stall. We ordered fish head curry which was the signature dish in that stall. The curry arrived in a huge paella type pan and contained a gigantic fish head. My Aussie boss took one look at it and said to me "Am I meant to eat that or mount it on a wall?!" Gotta love the Aussie humour!

I once ate a meal worm, and I routinely eat grass! lol
I even have my favorite types of grass!

Dragon1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back