Oscarfish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
How many of you herpers out there also keep chiclids? particularly Oscars? I have one, her name is oscar...she's nearly 5!

Last edited:
I dont have one but i really like the black and orange ones. I will be getting some one day. Nice name ;D

i had three last year but i sold em they are heaps cool lots of character but personally i prefer dwarf cichlids or lake tangyika species malawi are to mono color for my taste

sorry didn't realise how bad that photo was

and I got her when I was 10 so I thought that name was soooo original lol

Last edited:
a few people on here do that i know of
i have but they died really really quick one the day i brought it home the other 4 in a matter of a wk

im not good with fish but i did everything right :(

put me off buying them ever again

but i do love oscars especially because they grow so big! i love there colours aswel absolutely stunning

mine's a cheeky little thing...gave us a scare couple a yrs ago by pretending to die...phone calls to a vet, pet shop owner and then a marine biologist later we find it's a learnt behaviour and she does it to get attention...so if she plays dead we put her in 'time out' no one believes me unless they see her do it or have oscars themselves....loves a pat every now and then and plays tag with me when I clean her tank out lol...óscars have loads of personality and are gourgeous animals to keep =D and my baby's still gowing

They are such big sooks. The smallest change and they play dead for all the world. I have one. I'm moving him into a different tank this week so will get some pics after that.

Yours has so much red on her - I usually prefer the blacks over the albinos but I really like yours.

yeah I know...she's even brighter in person....she's beautiful my dad was looking at a tiger (the red ones) but he now has a murray cod lol he's a lot easier because he prefers cold to heat :D

I suggest reading about them before getting them!! as i was caught, we bought the fish, i did research and found they grow big!! and they can be very pick about water etc but an awesome fish to keep....definately no gold fish and feeding time is awesome

We just got 2 a black & Orange & a white & orange. They are only babies but I love watching them eat! They are such pigs - They fight over their food.

What have you tried feeding yours on?

I've used pellets, fish, prawns, redclaw, woodies, crickets, fuzzy mice. He doesn't like the frozen blocks of fish food but loves insects and redclaw lobsters. He even eats banana sometimes by accident (He shares a tank with a giant gourami at the moment and he gets fruit and veges)

Mine gets a steady diet of pellets, but dad goes netting and always keeps "oscar size" prawns for her, and she LOVES insects, but I have to buy them because she got really sick off a garden 'hopper my sis gave her so I'm really careful now...mine will basically eat anything dangled in front of her....lol so never any feeding problems....

we had a yabbie in there with her when she was a baby, and he'd bash her up...well they grew together and she out grew the yabby and got her revenge on casper (yabby) woke up and here she is sucking on his tail :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back