Central netted dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i dont see many threads about netteds on here

who keeps them on here?

they are one of my favourite dragons i think there gorgeous and chubby looking!

i think there really interesting to watch aswel i love it how they dig and overall there one of my favourite dragons

I love them.

They are my next accusition from my silkworm money this year when i can get some hatchies.

They have a nice cute little chubby face thats a bit differnt from a beardie but still a dragon.

Does anyone know someone who breds nice colured ones?

theyre really cute, but a 3-5 year life span is way to short for my liking,...i'd be mourning them before they were even fully grown. :)

netteds 002.jpg

netteds 013.jpg
I just bought five of them. I told the reptile guy at my local pet shop i was after a couple of small lizards for an empty enclosure and he did some looking for me. When i went to pick up 2 of them i decided to buy all 5. We believe they are around 2 years old so i hope they'll be around for a couple of years.

they live 3-5 years in the wild.. far longer in captivity..

oh really? i thought that was captive life expectancy,..

any idea on how long in captivity?

View attachment 62312

View attachment 62313
I just bought five of them. I told the reptile guy at my local pet shop i was after a couple of small lizards for an empty enclosure and he did some looking for me. When i went to pick up 2 of them i decided to buy all 5. We believe they are around 2 years old so i hope they'll be around for a couple of years.

Good work! They are irresistable little creatures, I loved mine.

Does the one in the middle have something not quite right with its mouth/lips? Also, by looking at its tail this one could use some alone time with the woodie box :)

I thought they only lived as long as 5 years in captivity - less if they were breeding regularly. But maybe I'm confusing netted dragons with painted dragons.

Well spotted Glider. Yes one of my little guys does have some sort of deformity with his jaw. He drools a bit but he has no trouble eating woodies and i was told it's never been a problem. I'm feeding each one separately so i can make sure the are all doing well. A couple are skinny and some of them have oddly curled claws which i suspect is due to being kept on newspaper for two years! One of the reasons I bought all 5 was because they looked like they could use some TLC.

missllamathuen-albums-central-netted-dragons-picture1217-netted-pair.jpg

heres a photo of mine i have a few more in my album but there a bit blurry im looking to buy more at the moment has anyone got photos of baby ones?

I would love to get a couple of these guys as well so if anyone knows of any breeders in Brisbane or the surroundings area I would be keen to know.

It is 5 year life span in captivity.......and that appears to be the main reason not too many keep them. I know its why I dont.

They can live up to 10 yeas in captivity i have had my male for 4 years and he is getting a little ulgy with age but i think he will be going strong for the next few years. If you buy a bunch of them they will replace well and truly buy 5 years of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back