Steve Irwin Widlife Reserve - Court Result.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikk

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
The Land Court of Queensland handed down its decision yesterday, 3 September 2008 in regards to, in laymans terms, Cape Alumina P/L's right of access onto property held by Silverback Properties P/L, or the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve (SIWR).

In a nutshell it was determined by the court that under the Mineral Resources Act 1989, Cape Alumina has a vaild right of entry onto the SIWR for exploration purposes.

In summation, big business and big $$$$$s win out. It really is true, Australia is happy to be China's quarry and Japan's beach and to hell with our irreplaceable native fauna and flora. I can just see the Chinese part-owners of Cape Alumina celebrating with bowls of shark fin and tiger penis spoup, washed down with some Chinese wine laced with bear bile.

Here is the link to the full decision.
http://www.landcourt.qld.gov.au/decisions/PDF/MRAA00079-2008_Sub.pdf

the rich getting richer ....the poor get the picture...........its life, Big cats always get the cream ......after all the signing that was done by most of us on here and who ever went through the Aussie Zoo as well as anyone that looked on line so talking alot of signatures .......and this was the outcome.......I bet your really worried now for your redlands mrmikk.......:(

Well it's gods fault - I mean who would put huge deposits of bauxite in the middle of a national park - I mean really... What was he thinking?

Its crutial that the bigger picture is seen
& its only us in the end that can change things

As long as we fight the good fight,winning the battles are harder in the end than winning the wars!

It's amazing what money can do if you have enough of it.

It's also amazing to know that it's been 2 years today since Steve passed away. Time really flies.

Its all well and good to say how evil the mining companies are, but nobody seems to be interested in the fact that the company has every right by law to do what they're doing. They had legal interest in the land well before Steve and Terri came along, and have done everything by the book so far. They haven't been given permission to actually mine, they have been fighting for their legal right to access the land to carry out ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES on their potential target areas, which by the way do not cover the whole Bertiehaugh Pastoral Lease, but about 15% of the area. And yes, the land is still listed as a Pastoral Lease (ie, grazing land) and has been for many years, with FOI documents revealing the Irwins were/are planning to substantially increase grazing activities. So much for pristine bush.

Do you see anyone caring about the property next door? There's no fenceline between the two, just a line on the map, the land is exactly the same, but nobody gives a crap about that do they?

I remember the stink kicked up a couple of years ago, when oil companies wanted to start "exploration activities" around the Great Barrier Reef, Once oil deposits get low enough you can put safe money on Oil Companies winning out over environment. (with government assurances of total environmental safety of course)

And I eat Beef as well.... But my window frames are made of wood, Tasmanian old growth timber to be precise,

OF COURSE......... we got whats left of a "mining" set up where i am from. They DONT make any effort in making sure once the search is done ,to put back what they have done for the enviroment correctly...its a big mess and they have done searches on peoples property up here to, with the promise to repair any damage LOAD OF CRAP!.........thats why people do get upset when ever a mining company is involved GLIDER cause unless you have had your head in a place where the sun dont shine ,we all know the outcome and the bullcrap that goes with it ........I am not against mining just some of the neglect that seems to happen and when ever a finger is pointed at them .the buck seems to get passed around like a donation plate at a church........:shock:

"Wanted to start"? So I guess you didn't know that petroleum exploration has already been undertaken within what we now call the Great Barrier Reef, decades ago.

Oh well, one way to think about it is that if all this catastrophic climate change mumbo-jumbo really does come about, the reef will be bleached to oblivion so by the time we even consider using any oil under there, it wont even matter anymore.

The Land Court of Queensland handed down its decision yesterday, 3 September 2008 in regards to, in laymans terms, Cape Alumina P/L's right of access onto property held by Silverback Properties P/L, or the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve (SIWR).

In a nutshell it was determined by the court that under the Mineral Resources Act 1989, Cape Alumina has a vaild right of entry onto the SIWR for exploration purposes.

In summation, big business and big $$$$$s win out. It really is true, Australia is happy to be China's quarry and Japan's beach and to hell with our irreplaceable native fauna and flora. I can just see the Chinese part-owners of Cape Alumina celebrating with bowls of shark fin and tiger penis spoup, washed down with some Chinese wine laced with bear bile.

Here is the link to the full decision.
http://www.landcourt.qld.gov.au/decisions/PDF/MRAA00079-2008_Sub.pdf

How about this one for you then.................... www.tiarocoal.com.au

This goes to the Sandy Strait World Heritage area....i suspect this may be the REAL reason by the Mary River dam.

Well said Glider, just because the property is assocaited with a celebrity doesnt make any differance. Minning is essential, it is going to happen somewhere. I would much rather the suitaibilty of an area be considered ahead of its celebrity value. The whole Irwin "conservation" thing isnt really genuine IMO anyway, as you say they are planning to increase grazing, what the ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokka
How many of you live in houses with aluminium windows?

Or use electricity to post on websites?
Your right, if people use anything that comes from natural resources or harms the environment, then they have no right to try to protect or help out any environmental issues. So no one should help any environmental issues ever because I'm sure i could find something they do/use that would have a negative effect on the environment. So where does it leave us? If everyone had that train of thought we would be focked. Lucky not everyone thinks like that.

Or use electricity to post on websites?

Or use electricity to keep reptil;es. A terribly extravagant use of electricity in regard to the carbon footprint it leaves behind.

Your right, and all those times I've given grief to people for littering my local beach, if only i realised i was just as bad as them because i use electricity. So from now on beaches, national parks, etc can be used as a rubbish dump, if anyone tries to stop me i will tell them that they are contradicting themselves because they probably use electricity, paper or drive a car. Since i already use electricity, i guess the damage is done, so fock the environment. Wild herps are also free for the taking, because i'm sure carbon emmissions do more damage. I'm also thinking i might start herp hunting for sport, head out with a handspear or gun and go hunting for herps. Anyone who wants to come along feel free, although don't winge about how many i get, you probably use electricity or paper so don't contradict yourself. Plus i will make it known to all that killing snakes is ok, if anyone disagrees, your contradicting yourself because you use electricity for your own gain, killing the snake is in defense because it could bite. So you using electricity is by far worse than people killing snakes. Furthermore, since you prob use electricity to look after your pet herps, you heating and keeping a pet snake is far worse than killing a wild one.

Might also throw in, wild caught GTP's still fetch a bit, road trip anyone?

How many down soft drinks out of cans????
Doesn't really work out because most recycle them. So they are actually helping. Aluminium is heavily recycled. We should throw them on the ground or better yet down the drain, then it's the oceans problem. Not our problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back