They're not just friendly, they're killers!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they won't like the likes of me who go out and rescue them. This baby was found laying on a roadside in the pouring rain. Frozen to the bone I wrapped him up, had my heater flat out - cooking me but poor joey couldn't warm up. But he is now in a humidy crib with another carer. So good luck little guy

Attachments

• P1040559.jpg
    P1040559.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P1040560.jpg
    P1040560.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 27
Your probably lucky there mysnakesau, it looks like it was sizing you up in those photo's! Vicious little beast would take your hand off I am sure!!!

The brushtail possum, described as being "as big as a fat cat" went on a two-hour rampage after attacking a friend of the family, then bailing up the mother and her two children in a car.

The woman, Andrea Norris, was forced to call police for help after she was unable to contact wildlife officers.

"When I got out of the car it took off after me. I was stuck in the car with two of my kids. The possum was sitting near the car just waiting for me to get out," she said.

Ms Norris was unable to reach Department of Sustainability and Environment wildlife officers without success so she called Warrnambool police.

"They walked straight up and capsicum sprayed the possum. Unfortunately, at the same time I wound down the car window and we all got a dose as well and spent the night coughing. Then police grabbed one of the kids' toy rake and chased the possum away."

:lol: :lol: :lol: I reckon the cops should have ignored the possum and sprayed the family directly! "Harden up or we'll come back and spray you again!".

:lol: They used the kid's toy rake! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The possum is still at large! :shock: I don't even have a toy rake to defend myself with :cry: Can someone please come and protect me?

:lol: I can't get the image of a possum going on a "two hour rampage" out of my head! :lol: Rarr! I am Possumzilla! Rar!

I should call the newspaper and report my ordeal with a killer butterfly gone crazy with power.

Ever seen the movie Gremlins?

Now imagine a club filled with possums swinging off the fans and one possum in a long trenchcoat flashing...

Lots of smoking, boozing and possumising.

I just worry what happens when the wallabies invade the Red Beret up here - They'll have topless wallaby thursdays......

RAMPANT... This is disgusting what we have to put up with... We should definitely encoruage the growth of our largest pythons and release them in the forests and paddocks to kill and control the marauding marsupial madness!

At least they used the pepper spray, by the sounds of it they could have used deadly force....

Slimey what are we gunna do these wallabies live less then 500m away from my house, I am thinking of calling in special security or something :p

Scorps, thanks for your concerns. I am comming home today with plastic toy rakes (larger size) as I understand they're extremely effective against the Victorian possums. I am worried however that the larger more feisty wallabies may also require a plastic toy lawn mower with real action sound in order to warn them that i am not to be messed with.

On saying that... It's the run between my car and the house that worries me. As there's very little lawn that needs mowing, so they'll know full well I'm just tricking with the plastic toy mower.

If the toy shop has plastic irons, i might use one of those as well.... I also might do my hair in rollers - I figure that'll protect me... and I suggest you do the same seeing as you live closer!

The red beret has topless thursdays?
I've been bitten on the thumb by a possum, it bloody well hurt and drew some serious frikkin blood.
Wallabies? meh, shoot the horses and the problem goes away (horse also tatses better than wallaby, wallaby is nothing like as good as roo).
The wallabies up here are around 50cm tall on a good day HTFU!!

I can now see it as part of the tourist trail, coaches full of American and Jap Tourist's keen to see the killer attack wallabies, but sorry, strictly veiw fro the window for this one, no ones safe outside the bus. Mags, I'm not sure if those horses will still be alive by now, they'd by torn down in the long grass by vewalliraptors.

HAHAHA!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
Maybe they heard about the proposed
Kangaroo Cull, and decided to fight
back! Good on them! Only thing is,
I wish that the walaby had "mauled"
the dad, rather than the little boy, If
he's the one wanting to shoot them!
That is just stuuuuppiiid!

But I got a good laugh out of it.

But realy, a 1m wallaby.:rolleyes:
Some people!:)

Dragon1

"When I got out of the car it took off after me. I was stuck in the car with two of my kids. The possum was sitting near the car just waiting for me to get out,"

Yeah, sure.

And my shoes are made of gold!

Dragon1

Hey a possum bit my toe when i got into a canoe once... it was traumatising cause i had to get a TETANUS NEEDLE! :O Which hurt a crap load more than the possum bite lol! And then the possum rampaged out of the canoe and ran between my friends legs.... wow... i am SO brave to have survived to tell my tale... Oh and i cared for one once... and i still have the scars :O haha but they're so cute you just HAVE to forgive them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back