Remodelling!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viridae

Reaction score
Some of you may remember this photo of the original setup of my Dragon's house:

09_02_2008002.jpg

Well, I was very bored with that, it was a little uninspiring and Droofus was bored with it too, So I went to my parents place recently and grabbed 1. some more rocks - some with some nice lichen on. 2. a really nice log that termites had thoughtfully hollowed for me and 3. talf a tree stump from a tree that had fallen over, which my father cut in half with a chainsaw (got the chainsaw stuck too - the soil up there is very poor so the trees are very slow growing and consequently tough). In addition to that I got a nice native grass with tough wide leaves that likes dry conditions and partial sun. Here is the result. Droofus absoloutely loves it!

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

The tree stump the tree had been cut down some time ago, is upside down.

Thats looks really good! If you put sand in it it would look even better.

yeah, get some sand or small gravel or something for the bottom and it will be perfect! looks great.

Jamie

I have considered sand, but not gone with it for two reasons. 1. (s)he (dunno -suspect she) is a greedy little bugger and will eat anything that moves or looks vaguely like it might be edible at feeding time - including my fingers, the jar the crickets are in, the shadow of the cricket and any random spot on the tiles. Would easily eat more sand than crickets. And 2. ease of cleaning - with the tiles it is a case of spray and wipe when i want to give everything a good clean - sand is somewhat more difficult, and as I have previously experienced, messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back