Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

da_donkey

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me find some info on what species of reptiles live on the islands of the whitsundays (specificly Hamilton island).

So far i have come across: green tree snakes, some monitors (unsure of species) various skinks and gecks, plus one unconfirmed report of a juvie carpet.

I am really after some detailed information, as i am a mexican (NSW) :lol:.

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction

Donks

my brother lives up there, so i spend a bit of time there abouts... never see much at all on the islands myself other than lizards (small skinks, small geckos, burtons legless lizards) but the locals will swear that you'll find adders out there...
plenty of carpets round the cane fields near airlie, you can find black headed pythons as close to the coast on the mainland as the dingo beach road, and alledgedly cannonvale... i have caught a scrub python in the conway state forest... and brown snakes are every where in the wet... so that is the potential large snake candidates who may be off shore... happy herping up there

Iv been up to Hamilton island and a few neighboring islands a few times as my aunty and uncle live up there, iv seen green tree snakes, brown tree snakes, Sand goanna - i think they are V. flavirufus, Asian house geckos are the only geckos iv seen up there. My cousin said he found a spotted python..although he is full of cra..b.
Drink Whitsunday Gold coffee!

Thanks guys, i was really wondering about the elapids.

Ive been up here for nine months and haven't seen one, yesterday someone told me about black snakes but i was doubtfull as i caught a black green tree snake at the lookout at hill inlet.

I might bring one of mine up here, i'll just have to make sure prosipine hospital carrys the anti v.

cheers again

there are lots of gts and bloody big goulds monitors on daydream island

Most of the northern islands have adders on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back