Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow like those tusk in the 1st pic. i luv my herps, but its great to see other peolpes interests. use to luv going shooting years ago with guns till they got boring, then with a bow and arrow. the bow made it a fairer hunt

Archery is full on hunting isnt it Funcouple ? Do you have any old photos ? Matty

love this thread...spent 2 hours reading it! Love the work you're doing, hate feral pigs...gross looking thinkgs.

Keep up the good work!

Most of the pigs i am getting look like this, real long snout, seem to have tuffs of long hair on their face too. Full of fight though. Got a good 2 sec of video on this one lol pressed the record button twice.

dont have any pics but should have as soon as my car is up and running then me and the missus are gonna go decimate the rabbit population on my friends farm. lol hes got alot of black rabbits up there so im thinking of making a rabbit fur rug.

Over the weekend I went to Pindari dam. The Rabbits! We saw 8 within 500m, oh, and we cleaned up one in the car:) Also there was a heap of Roo's, as we were coming back from the pub in Ashford, a Roo jumped out in front of us, lucky he was on the download, otherwise he would have been in the front seat with me!

On the way home yesterday, along the dirt road to Glenlyon dam, we saw a Huge MOTHER of a Boar, he was of as we backed up to get a better look, NATURAL BULLDOZER! Then as we came around the corner as the Gravel road goes back to Bichermen, and heres these two little Suckers. We thought snap, Puppy's, no wait Suckers! We swerved to try and hit them, may have cliped one as we heard when sqweil. The mother must have been at the top of the hill, "ahhhohhhaahhhh phew, you lucky little bustard":).

Well, thats my little story.....

Last edited:
wild dogs

well a mate og mine is the wambo shire dog trapper and he has sent through some pics
post-378-1180671848_thumb[1].jpg

post-5596-1206019446_thumb[1].jpg

post-5596-1206019475_thumb[1].jpg

i have a few more that where caught in traps but a bit to explict for people on here

Not really a POOR dog. Wild dogs and dingoes reach great numbers if left unchecked. They cause untold damage to stock and end up killing basically for fun. There is some debate as to wether dingoes are actually native. If youve ever seen how many are just in the Cape york you wouldnt say that. When they start xing with lost dogs then the problem 10 folds. Dingoes have thier place but can be a problem. Sensible culling and control has a suitable effect. Matt

yea and he got 9 thisweek he does it for a living

We come across dingo(wild dogs) out west that are bigger than any of our hunting dogs, if you see a calf that is only a few days old with half its back end missing you wouldn say poor dog. We had 2 young dogs almost killed by theese wild ones early one mornin, they wernt scared off by us at first either. very hairy i can tell you!

the only pure dingo left is on fraser the rest are all cross breeds and dicarded dogs mainly

We come across dingo(wild dogs) out west that are bigger than any of our hunting dogs, if you see a calf that is only a few days old with half its back end missing you wouldn say poor dog. We had 2 young dogs almost killed by theese wild ones early one mornin, they wernt scared off by us at first either. very hairy i can tell you!

That's nothing, you should see what a venomous snake can do to a horse or a pet dog! Kill all the snakes i say! :rolleyes:

Just got back from a few days up the Cape in very harsh conditions. Flat tyres , broken transfer cases , springs and shockies. Very hot and very remote. Got some lovely Boars and had a good time under trying conditions.Matty
DSC03054-1.jpg

DSC03045-1.jpg

DSC03042-1.jpg

DSC03038-1.jpg

DSC03037-1.jpg

DSC03035-1.jpg

DSC03032-1.jpg

DSC03028-1.jpg

DSC03030-1.jpg

well done matty looks like an awesome time was had. other than the broken bits lol

Great photos Matty, those pigs look pretty fierce! There is an interesting article in this months Herpetofauna about feral pigs preying on native frog species. What do you do with the pig carcasses?

Aaron

good stuff Matty.
any idea what the big fella on the bull bar weighed in at?
What did ya bring him down with?
looks like that dogs pretty wasted......someone should organise an intervention and get it into rehab:rolleyes:

No other broken bits other than my brain :rolleyes: The pig carcasses are left to rot. The birds of prey have a field day ! Im not sure how heavy any of the pigs went but all the battles were very brutal. Only one boar for the trip was taken with a rifle that was bailed by my Border collie x. All the others were taken with the hanging dogs and a knife. Cheers all , Matty PS dogs in rehab :shock: Interesting :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back