Little Darwin EGGS!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zobo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I thought I would pair up a litle male darwin (probably only 4ft long) with my small female darwin just to see what happened (ie/ if they didn't fight etc and actually were right sexes). Saw the male trying to go for it almost straight away, with his little spurs going, so I left them together for only a few weeks and saw no action.
Then the girl went off food and shed a month ago and looked a little bigger for a non-feeder.
Just as I was starting to think nothing was going to happen............She laid 10 good eggs last night and 1 little slug. Not bad for a very small couple of darwins. Female is only around 5 ft something.
jas

Attachments

• email eggs darwin 21.09.08.jpg
    email eggs darwin 21.09.08.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 136
here s pics of male. He is from GHOST lineage and quite the little stud. He is only about 4ft ish!
Female is a beautiful normal pure darwin that I could only find a close up pic of her.
jas

Attachments

• darwin email 1.JPG
    darwin email 1.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 157
  • email close up darwin girl.jpg
    email close up darwin girl.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 69
  • ghostt.JPG
    ghostt.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 186
Very interesting, the male is beautiful - would love some ghost's one day.

How old was the female out of interest?

well done mate. il be pairing a young male next season with a slightly older female but im sure he will be bigger then that. congrats and good luck with them, i hope you get some cracker stripes!

The male is bigger than in that pic. That pic is about 10 months ago? I think?
They are both just coming onto 3 years old but on the smaller side, but that could be because I am just used to coastals LOL
I have not measured them for ages, but the female is sunbtantially bigger than the male, but what a little stud! Only 1 slug and 10 good eggs!
jas

This is going to sound like a stupid question... what is a slug???

Slug ---- Homeless Snail !!! lol

I am pretty sure its an egg that wont hatch, not fertilised or dead baby inside.... I think thats what a slug is...

Wow! That is a beautiful Darwin.
Good luck with the eggs. I hope they look as good as their dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back