How can anyone live like this???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That woulda been 1 awesome party!!! haha =p

Pretty bad... I cant even stand more than a plate or 2 on my desk let alone... erm. EVERYTHING...

OMG how the hell did they do that!?!?!?..... Take pictures of my house the little B******

hey give her a break she has a broom in one pic ............like the saying goes "its the thought that counts!"

The persons habits seem compulsively consistent unfortunate it doesn't include cleaning O.O?

Funny apparently there is meant to be 2 cats living in that apartment also ?? I got a feeling they are dead under a mound of garbage.

The cats were found, and are now relocated to another place.
The OP explains it in the thread further along.
Last time I checked though, the site was down. I couldn't get back to it.

Last time I checked though, the site was down. I couldn't get back to it.
Ha! Too many quests looking at that thread with the photos. They all started complaining that all the traffic was making the site go slowly.

Looks like our hotel room after the end of season footy trip...:lol:

That is absolutely disgusting!! No doubt about it.
But I would appreciate it if certain members could refrain from comments about people with mental health issues. I have a mental health issue and have lived with it for nearly 8 years, yet anybody who doesn't know about it wouldn't have a clue. Not everyone who lives in such squalor can claim to be suffering from some sort of issue. Some people are just plain lazy.
But yeah, that said, that's really disgusting.

I read the whole thing yesterday They never updated on finding the person cats are okay though as was stated.... I want to know what that person looked like. Don't know why wont help or change anything.. they did say it was a 40yr old woman caucasian

you would be surprised at who lives like that ........not everyone looks feral and have a halfwit look on their face.........I tried and I mean tried to clean for a occupational therapist, she had 3 girls and the house was absolutley disgusting yet she drove a fancy car and wore respectable clothing ..no one had a clue what the inside of her house was like ......the first time I went in there, it took me 4 hours to just clean the kitchen and dining area.....and when I cleaned her lounge room, I had to use a garden fan plastic rake ,to create rubbish piles ,I got 5 big piles on the carpet before, I could put the vacumm cleaner over the floor ...her youngest girl was very excited as I cleaned her bedroom ,which took me a full 6 hours , she was excited that she could see what her carpet looked like again as she had forgotten ........they were stepping over dirty clothes ,rubbish, dog crap , and if they couldnt find anything ,mummy just got them a new one ......so you cant always pick what they look like ........

its my sisters house. she is going to clean it tomorrow, swears.

i appreciate getting these photos, ill print them out and frame them and hand them in every room in my house, suddenly my house wont look so dirty.

Staged photos

Well the sad reality is that many people do actually live like this.

I actually watched a doco not so long ago about a guy who suffered from excessive hoarding behaviour often seen in people who live in conditions like this - he could not bear to throw anything away, not even old takeaway food wrappers and containers. In fact he used to trawl the streets at night, searching through dumpsters for trash to collect and bring home. He did not have a job, and no money, so he ate whatever he could find in the way of food scraps. Old, rotten, mouldy - he didn't care, he ate it regardless. His mentality was that he hated to see anything go to waste.

A crew of cleaners were brought into to sort his house out and remove the garbage. They discovered that his obsessive behaviour was so bad, he had a shed in the backyard full of his own urine and excrement which he'd been storing in drums for years.

But I would appreciate it if certain members could refrain from comments about people with mental health issues. I have a mental health issue and have lived with it for nearly 8 years, yet anybody who doesn't know about it wouldn't have a clue. Not everyone who lives in such squalor can claim to be suffering from some sort of issue. Some people are just plain lazy.

Coming from someone with a mental health issue,that's pretty harsh - its kind of like saying that an agoraphobic is "too lazy" to go outside! I'm not sure whether mental health issues are what plagues this person, but it could be a reasonable explanation. The categorising of rubbish certainly seems to indicate some sort of obsessive compulsive tendencies!

I have been in many houses like this. One I went to recently had a layer about 1 ft deep covering the entire floor and the place smelt like urine. The occupants were 2 lazy large unemployed people with 3 kids and an old granny. The granny was sitting in filth on the couch and I didn't even see her at first! Child services got involved etc. Good old Logan!
j

Coming from someone with a mental health issue,that's pretty harsh - its kind of like saying that an agoraphobic is "too lazy" to go outside! I'm not sure whether mental health issues are what plagues this person, but it could be a reasonable explanation. The categorising of rubbish certainly seems to indicate some sort of obsessive compulsive tendencies!

Good point, its not like anyone has a choice how they are. IMO most if not all ppl have mental issues, it is normal and most of the time causes no problems, most of the population is delusional(whether it is religion or something else). Most ppl get depressed if there is good reason to be, most of us are lazy, some are hyperactive etc...

Given a particular human in a particular situation, they have no real choice in what they will do. we are entirely predictable(if enough information was able to be obtained).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back