Bearded Dragon Killing Spree

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
funny, i read that americans are having alot of trouble with diseases etc in beardies ;)

I'm sure thats why our dragons are nice and healthy then? Having no husbandry problems or health problems :rolleyes: It seems like Americans are far ahead of us in Dragons in captivity then us :lol:

actually from what i hear the americans have far more health problems with their dragons than we do.

nothing compared to the probs the yanks have
'

ompv? sure its not for just dragons seems to be wiping out collections though... We can't even test for that yet... Atleast adeno can be tested, the tests can come up negative even though its there but atleast there getting there... I don't see why everyone hates yanks, sure they cross every reptile they can get ahold of. But they seem to do very good keeping...

*sigh* as much as id like to sit here and continue to hijack this thread, i have some candles to light then beardies to bath in rosepetals before tucking them in their little beds tonight and serenading them to sleep.I have my barry white cd already loaded and cuddles the youngest wants to watch simpsons before bed.
i learnt this on the american forums, because they are always right *sigh*.

Bianca, let us know how the little female goes

I wouldn't look at this as a species problem its obviously a individual personality problem

this individual problem needs to be dealt with and not pushed aside to someone else
he needs to kept permanently separate and never with another dragon

I have to side with you there, I have a book that doesn't state anywhere that they cannot be kept together. Actually it tells you the requirements for keeping a number of beardies together.... from hatchie to adult!

Just because it's in a book doesn't make it correct, thats like saying everything you read in a Newspaper is Spot on haha.

You were NOT helping at all. You say that the published references of some people are rubbish and fail to provide any published references to back your statements up.

I don't think your allowed to name names on this website.

I wouldn't look at this as a species problem its obviously a individual personality problem

this individual problem needs to be dealt with and not pushed aside to someone else
he needs to kept permanently separate and never with another dragon

wow, look its an 11yr old giving good advice. Dave its not because of your age its because your information is incorrect

wow, look its an 11yr old giving good advice. Dave its not because of your age its because your information is incorrect

How is it incorect when loads of people do it like me :S It doesn't make sense? look at kirby's dragons.. Just because its different then feeding pinkies keeping them on sand and so on... I'd love to see where you can prove im wrong when a beardie site I belong to does it aswell and there all happy healthy dragons :lol:

How is it incorect when loads of people do it like me

I think it's this comment from Post#6 of this thread that has upset people:

The sources you found are rubbish.. They are one of the lizards you shouldn't keep together...

You are suggesting that there is only one way to keep Beardies, and that is separated; that keeping them together year round is wrong. Lots of people might keep them like you do, that doesn't mean keeping them a different way is wrong, which is essentially what you're saying.

Also the fact that you're signature says you keep one female beardie, yet you're prepared to argue that people who have kept and bred hundreds are wrong in their ideas might have raised a few hackles too.

Not having a go at you, just trying to explain why a few people are upset with you.

:p

Hix

all species will have a bad apple amongst them
seeking out the problem area & fixing it ,all adds to the keepers experience...& the knowledge learned..always trying to see other points of view

ive ran my dragons together...in a colony
my son has a dragon which we would never dream of colonising..due to his temperament-personality
its a close personality watch...& husbandry suited to their needs
it can be done..buts its not for everyone

Hix... spot on

I think it comes down to if you keep a few beardies together be prepared that it may end badly. Doesn't matter what the animal is either.

My two dogs have grown up together but once in a while I will have to go out and break them up as they are nearly killing each other, really nasty fights, injuries and all, and it seems for no apparent reason most of the time.

I keep my adult beardies singly, as well as in small groups (females), pairs, or trios. They all have their own individual temperament and some do well together, others don't. It's as simple as that.

I think the post made by Black_Venom is possibly the smartest thing that has been said in this entire thread so far, and from an 11-year old! So no, I don't think age is a factor here. People who have little experience should not be giving advice. Go out, buy a few more beardies, watch them, learn, and then you'll know what you're talking about. There's no point spouting every little bit of crap you read on the internet. I mean seriously.... beardies taking daily baths? :shock:

How is it incorect when loads of people do it like me :S It doesn't make sense? look at kirby's dragons.. Just because its different then feeding pinkies keeping them on sand and so on... I'd love to see where you can prove im wrong when a beardie site I belong to does it aswell and there all happy healthy dragons :lol:

just becuase some people keep them by themselvs doesnt mean its the only way. You said they should never be kept together which is incorrect. I'm not saying keeping them by themselvs is not the right way to do it, it will work perfectly fine but saying that its the only way is wrong

Majority of mine have grown up together
it has not affected their growth....i believe it has benefited them
must be wary of individual personalities though
its up to individual keepers to see how it works for them
its very time consuming to raise & colonise dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back