Python Sign.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky

Reaction score
Stopped for a closer look at this sign on an old country road in northern victoria. Dont know if this has been posted before, but anyway. Thought is was a nice touch by Parks Victoria.:)

Attachments

• 14 102.jpg
    14 102.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 295
I wish more councils would do that sort of thing.

:p

Hix

I used to live just a few miles away from the Warby's and havnt seen the sign before...then again, I never saw a wild python in the area either!

Wow, never seen ANY snake sign before. I wonder if anyone takes notice though..most people would see a snake on the road and run it over, sad but true

Unfortunatly, someone will think it will make a good wall decoration and that will be the end of it....

Great idea...just a shame its not the best graphic...though like caustichumour says...someone is probably just going to pinch it!!

These signs have been in place throughout this area now for over three years. We have been working with DPI and Parks Victoria to help enhance the program and encourage participation of schools. It has been very successful in the area and should be adopted elsewhere!

If it saves one python from being squished...its GREAT!

Hopefully it will help and won't get pinched or draw sick poachers to the area.

The progect is aimed at not only saving the animals, but also chipping them, they have used new tracking chips to help locate them when they need to....found one in a very nice big lacey though!

Thats the first time ive seen a snake sign,exactly was some1 else said,if it saves 1 snakes life,its worth it,There should be a few up this way.

The locals have taken it very seriously as they wish to protect the animals in the area. This signs are not placed exactly where you would find them, just in the general area. Some of these areas were identified after poachers had been caught. If people want to poach carpets they dont need a sign to show them the way.

Went for a drive to Bundaberg for a wedding on the weekend(still suffering,Sickie today) anyway saw three young RBB dead on the way up there and a beatiful big animal on the way home, The way it was layed someone has had to line it up. Makes you sick that instead of just going round it they made an effort to hit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back